cochin

flockgirl

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 11, 2012
ohio
I had a cochin die this morning and i cannot figure out why!! She was fine yesterday, i noticed her in the coop earlier than she should have been and she had eggs under her so i reached in to see if she was okay and she was awake and alert so i thought she was just brooding and left her alone. I went to check on her this morning and she was still in there but her eggs were off to the side and not under her anymore so i reached in and she didnt open her eyes or move at all so i picked her up and brought her in and she was breathing pretty shallow and would open her beak wide with every breath as if she was gasping and then she finally died a few hour later. I had a buff orpington die last fall with similar conditions. Can anybody tell me what they think is going on?

Has she been eating/drinking lately? Was she lethargic (sounds like it...)? Is she skinny??

You might check with your county extension agent to see if you can get the state or other agency to do an inexpensive necropsy - especially since this is the second one to pass under similar circumstances (although far apart...).

I'm so sorry...

Yes she was fine and completely normal the day before she passed, doing everything she normally does. Im just wondering if there is a certain disease that these symptoms could be cause by. Thanks for your sympathy :)

Back
Top Bottom