Cochins and silkies raised together?

Kraemer7

Chirping
May 9, 2021
Hi! We’re new here and to raising chicks! We got 9 chicks earlier this week and are loving them so much I’m already planning for more!
The ones we have are a variety of breeds (RI red, Orpington, barnevelder, astralorp to name a few). Somehow in my research I missed Cochins and silkies and now I want some!! I’m now thinking of starting a new flock with some silkies and Cochins- mostly for my kids to care for since they seem more pet like. If they’re raised together from a similar age- young chicks or few week old pullets, would they be okay together separate from the other flock so they don’t get bullied? We have separate coop and run areas in our barn. Thanks for your help and expertise!

Hi! We’re new here and to raising chicks! We got 9 chicks earlier this week and are loving them so much I’m already planning for more!
The ones we have are a variety of breeds (RI red, Orpington, barnevelder, astralorp to name a few). Somehow in my research I missed Cochins and silkies and now I want some!! I’m now thinking of starting a new flock with some silkies and Cochins- mostly for my kids to care for since they seem more pet like. If they’re raised together from a similar age- young chicks or few week old pullets, would they be okay together separate from the other flock so they don’t get bullied? We have separate coop and run areas in our barn. Thanks for your help and expertise!
They'd be fine raised in their own flock as long as they have enough space in their coop and run.

Back
Top Bottom