COCKATIEL LOVERS NEEDED!!!!!!

serama hen

Songster
7 Years
Sep 9, 2012
Nothern New Jersey
I have made a tiel thread for anyone who would like to join it is cockatiel thread albinos silver so forth you are all welcome to come even if you dont have tiels come by and check it out

Thanks--in addition to our chicks we also have a tiel and a parakeet who live quite nicely together--they seem a bit puzzled by the sudden influx of baby chicks into the room tho!!!! Clyde (tiel) and Pebbles (Blue para) have been together for about 6 months now since each lost a cage mate and were pining--or so we THOUGHT Clyde was pining----turns out we now think he really did NOT like his former cage mate as NOW he eats new things; plays with toys; sings; and is FRIENDLY. Who knew? We adopted Pebbles after his or her--how do you TELL????--cage mate -died and the owners father was not willing to take on another bird as kid was of at college. Clyde has recently taken to getting out of his cage--he can't fly due to an old wing injury--but it has been interesting to find him wandering around! Must figure out HOW he is doing this!

Have the vet test the blood or feathers of your bird for the gender halleyscomet. As to your bird escaping, is it going out through the feed dish holes in the cage. We once had a parakeet we nicknamed hoodini because she would squeeze out of the plastic strip covering the food dish holes while we changed the food or water and hide on the screws that attached her perches in the cage BEHIND the cage so she gave the illusion of still being inside the cage. It was one of her signature moves. We always had to open the cage before leaving to double check that she REALLY was inside the cage and not perched on the back of the cage pretending to be inside. lol. Birds are awesome regardless of the breed!

This Nubs. I hand raised him. He hatched 10/31/88 and passed away last spring.

This is Pep Bird. He was brought to me after spending several years living in a closet. His bald neck is due to stress of living in such conditions. He's doing well and loves to 'talk' nonsense to anyone who will listen.

This is a breeding bird someone gave me 18 years ago. I call her Neezer.

Kris Kringle on the left. Neezer on the right. Kris was found in someone's yard several years ago on Christmas day.

Kris likes her greens!

Nubs enjoys his peas!

Pep Bird checks out a toy. He's the bravest of the flock and 'talks' to anything that suddenly appears in or near his cage.

Old chick I was interested to see your tub of veges. Ours is a bit picky but served like that looks much more inviting than when we push something in the wire. Going to try serving it up like that in the morning!

Old chick I was interested to see your tub of veges. Ours is a bit picky but served like that looks much more inviting than when we push something in the wire. Going to try serving it up like that in the morning!
Under the layer of veggies (frozen mixed) is the daily portion of cockatiel seed. At first, many birds will simply push aside the veggies but as time passes, the curious cockatiel will put a sample in his beak, and eventually will start eating them. I really like cockatiels. The feathers are dusty, but cockatiels make good apartment pets as they can't make as much noise as some birds.

All my current cockatiels were somebody else's unwanted pet. Each one has a unique personality.

Under the layer of veggies (frozen mixed) is the daily portion of cockatiel seed. At first, many birds will simply push aside the veggies but as time passes, the curious cockatiel will put a sample in his beak, and eventually will start eating them. I really like cockatiels. The feathers are dusty, but cockatiels make good apartment pets as they can't make as much noise as some birds.

All my current cockatiels were somebody else's unwanted pet. Each one has a unique personality.

Oh I will try it like that then, thanks!

Im not sure what sort of cockatiels you have but ours is NOISY lol I cant speak without her squaking. Makes converstations on the phone and with visitors is hard, for some reason she has to squak over me everytime I talk. I think she thinks Im talking to her :)

Here is our cutie, she is 3 years old now.

Back
Top Bottom