Cockeral or pullet? UPDATE

I think it is a pullet close to laying age, since it is “18 weeks” and has the rounded tail feathers ;)
I agree. She looks like a point of lay pullet to me.
because no pullet would have that much and that red comb and wattle, I can get a pic of mine that are that age to prove it!
Not true. Certain birds happen to have more comb and waddles. Just because your birds don't, doesn't make them the standard for all pullets. Maybe your right and it is a cockerel, but I'm leaning towards pullet due to feathering and lack of crow at almost 5 months.

I agree. She looks like a point of lay pullet to me.

Not true. Certain birds happen to have more comb and waddles. Just because your birds don't, doesn't make them the standard for all pullets. Maybe your right and it is a cockerel, but I'm leaning towards pullet due to feathering and lack of crow at almost 5 months.
Great points!

Since there seems to be such a debate over her, can you please give us an update when you know for sure? I'm quite invested, now!:)
I'd be interested to know as well. My first thought was pullet from body shape and the shape of the tail feathers. I have one whose comb and wattles were as big as the secondary cockerel at that age. fingers crossed for an egg.

Back
Top Bottom