Cockerel not moving much and not crowing

Chickchick121

Songster
Dec 26, 2021
1D69DF6B-300F-4CD5-918C-1A8BBA14EF63.jpeg
This is our 4 month old Blue Laced Red Cockerel. He does not move around much and sits down a lot inside the coop. When he does get up he walks fine and there is nothing on the bottom of his feet. He is not crowing yet either. We did integrate them with older chickens and they have seemed to do pretty well. It has been about a month. Does it sound like he could be sick?

View attachment 3477822This is our 4 month old Blue Laced Red Cockerel. He does not move around much and sits down a lot inside the coop. When he does get up he walks fine and there is nothing on the bottom of his feet. He is not crowing yet either. We did integrate them with older chickens and they have seemed to do pretty well. It has been about a month. Does it sound like he could be sick?
Is it a Wyandotte?? If so and it hasn't crowed yet it might be female. My lady silver laced has a similar comb and waddles to yours. (She's a couple years old.)

Is it a Wyandotte?? If so and it hasn't crowed yet it might be female. My lady silver laced has a similar comb and waddles to yours. (She's a couple years old.)
Yes it is a Wyandotte. Sorry I meant to put that in my post.

Might he be being bullied?
If there's another rooster, or a grumpy hen, that can be enough to make a cockerel feel very miserable.
The older birds can bully the younger ones. They all have plenty of room in the run and coop but the younger ones like to stay in the coop. He is the only rooster.

Back
Top Bottom