Cockerel or Pullet? Lavender Ameraucana

I would think if your gonna buy anything especially with something in mind. You would educate yourself to know what's being placed in front of you. To avoid situations like this. Please do some research before buying any birds, cause the buyers aren't always forthcoming.
Like everyone here I hate getting ripped off.

I would think if your gonna buy anything especially with something in mind. You would educate yourself to know what's being placed in front of you. To avoid situations like this. Please do some research before buying any birds, cause the buyers aren't always forthcoming.
It is not on the original poster. It's on the seller. This was a deliberate act of fraud. When I sell chickens, I do not expect the buyer to know the sex of the birds-- that is my job, and it is the job of any seller. This is the work of a scam artist, and should be treated as such.

How did you buy them from him? Is there a way you can make it publicly known he rips people off so other people don't end up in the same situation?
I found him on Craigslist. I have flagged his ads because he is still trying to sell the roosters, now for $75/each! I am trying to figure out anyway I can of (1) preventing him from scamming others; and (2) either getting hens or my money back! Thank you for all these great ideas. I bought 3 golden comets from him in Sept (that’s how I started my flock) so I had a false sense of trust when he reached back out saying he had these super rare lavender ameraucanas. 😔

I definitely learned a lot from this experience! I had a false sense of trust because I had bought hens from him before, he lives nearby, and I he promised me in text and in person he would swap any that ended up being roosters. Now he’s told me not to contact him again because I called him a scammer. (Oops)

I definitely learned a lot from this experience! I had a false sense of trust because I had bought hens from him before, he lives nearby, and I he promised me in text and in person he would swap any that ended up being roosters. Now he’s told me not to contact him again because I called him a scammer. (Oops)
You called him what he is. You can post alerts in the same place he posts to let people know of your experience. You should also try to contact Craigslist and let them know what happened. This person needs to be banned from there.

You called him what he is. You can post alerts in the same place he posts to let people know of your experience. You should also try to contact Craigslist and let them know what happened. This person needs to be banned from there.
Good call, thank you so much. Had not even thought I could get him banned from Craigslist. I just sent him this text, fingers crossed! 🙏

“I will give you one more chance to do what you promised. Think about it. The alternative is that you will be banned from Craigslist and can't advertise there anymore. Which would you prefer?”

Just give me my damn hens, man, and I’ll leave you alone!!

Thank you so much. The man promised to exchange them if they turned out to be roosters, but now he refuses. Scammed out of $120 and no blue eggs layers in my flock. :( I am so bummed.
You've been Hornswoggled! Tell them to give you your money back or that you'll post all about their thieving ways on FakeBook, twotter, instascam and all the chicken forums. Also tell them you'll be putting up flyers all around them letting people known what shysters they are. If that doesn't work, take them to small claims court.

Good call, thank you so much. Had not even thought I could get him banned from Craigslist. I just sent him this text, fingers crossed! 🙏

“I will give you one more chance to do what you promised. Think about it. The alternative is that you will be banned from Craigslist and can't advertise there anymore. Which would you prefer?”

Just give me my damn hens, man, and I’ll leave you alone!!

You should always remain professional and cordial, even when dealing with scammers. Never threaten. That can be considered harassment and extortion even though he started it
Do not be surprised if what you sent flames the situation. not advertising on Craigslist is hardly a penalty, don't be surprised if he doesn't respond or gets angry now.
Call the sheriff if you feel that strongly!
Do not go dragging his name around town, that is petty, immature and unprofessional, I know he's a scammer but this should be handled quietly if it does need police or law, you need to take the upper road.

You've been Hornswoggled! Tell them to give you your money back or that you'll post all about their thieving ways on FakeBook, twotter, instascam and all the chicken forums. Also tell them you'll be putting up flyers all around them letting people known what shysters they are. If that doesn't work, take them to small claims court.
I love the idea about the flyers! And hornswoggled 🤣🤣

You should always remain professional and cordial, even when dealing with scammers. Never threaten. That can be considered harassment and extortion even though he started it
Do not be surprised if what you sent flames the situation. not advertising on Craigslist is hardly a penalty, don't be surprised if he doesn't respond or gets angry now.
Call the sherif if you feel thst strongly.
I agree. I personally wouldn't threaten. Even though none of us like it, he has the upper hand. He has both the hens and your money. You might want to delete that message before he sees it and try to convince him without threats.

Back
Top Bottom