1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cockerel or pullet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChickenPeep, May 1, 2011.

1. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    OK so i got this chick at Tractor Supply Co. and im pretty sure its a male, although i thought Tractor Supply only sold females. it was the featured breed which is a Black Sex link. i know that Black Sex link males have a white dot on thier head, but i also read that if the conditions are right, males and females can look the same. The reason i think he is a male is because he is getting huge tail feathers, a comb, lot o ffeathers, and a rooster-like attitude. he also has a wierd thing on his back toes wich i think i either a deformitie or is just something that roosters have. can someone please help me?! By the way, his name is wesley.[​IMG]

2. Could you please post a pic? I can tell you how to get to where you can post pics.

3. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Oh can u please tell me how to post pics!?! by the way, im sorry about rosecoe, i also had a chicken that i loved pass away. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  4. PM'ed you.

5. Quote:Roscoe was my puppy... I loved him SOOO much...

6. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Sorry im really new to this website, whats a PM? how do i get to it?

7. Quote:A PM is a private message. To get to them, click "Messages"...it's two clicks over from "Logout".

8. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    ok thank you.

9. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    oh! sorry i thought roscoe was a chicken!![​IMG]

10. Quote:He was "chicken-hearted"... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by