cockerel or pullet?

Quote:
I hadn't thought about the coloring not being roo colors. But when I think about it, a roo would have more color and a higher contrast of color. Like my cochin rooster has who is the pappa.
Is that what you mean? Could you explain more?

Based on her small light pink comb and simple tail, I vote pullet. I have several that look like her in body style - just many different colors. Mine are mostly Salmon Faverolle mixes and have beards or feathered legs, or extra toes or a combination. Something I have noticed with my birds, regardless of comb size, is the color of the comb. Pullets from early on ( 3+ weeks) are lighter than the roosters combs.

Quote:
I hadn't thought about the coloring not being roo colors. But when I think about it, a roo would have more color and a higher contrast of color. Like my cochin rooster has who is the pappa.
Is that what you mean? Could you explain more?

Some colors are mainly associated with girls and some are mainly associated with boys. For example, a girl wouldn't have bright red patches on the wings and back but a boy can have that. Also, pullets tend to have a more organized pattern to their feathers whereas roos colors come in all patchy and blotchy. I think that's what ibeier2000 was saying anyway.
smile.png

Thanks for explaining about the color differences and about 3+ weeks and pink combs are okay.

The two roos that I know are in the group are mostly black but are getting just a little of their pappa's birchen neck hackle coloring.
Nothing as gorgeous as his but the markings are coming. Will this stay?
Will they get any more color as they mature?
Or is this all we get?

Quote:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks.
I think 'it' is very pretty and I really do hope that 'it' is a she so that I can keep her.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom