1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cockerl or Pullet???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChickenMama6RIR, Feb 11, 2017.

1. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

I'm not so sure about the second, but Peaches is definitely male. Mr. Peaches. [​IMG]

Once, we were new at cats and had this kitten we named Fifi. Then we found out is was male - Mr. Fi. [​IMG]

2. ChickenMama6RIR

ChickenMama6RIR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2017
    Upstate South Carolina
    Lol!!! One reason I am worried about Daisy is because she/he has a bit of redness on the wattle if you look close enough... Oh well I guess I'll have to get myself some more pullets:)

3. TheKindaFarmGal

Chicken math! Yeah, I agree Daisy is suspicious. Just not 100% yet.

4. ChickenMama6RIR

Jan 19, 2017
    Upstate South Carolina
    Yeah I agree!:) Thanks for all your help!!!:)

5. TheKindaFarmGal

Any time! [​IMG]

6. ChickenMama6RIR

Jan 19, 2017
    Upstate South Carolina
    [​IMG]
    I do have one more question... This chick is pretty much always standing like this. Its because she's constipated. I've tried to help for awhile but it always comes back. She can use the restroom enough to stay alive but not enough to be comfortable. Do you know if it's possible for a chicken to have tied intestines or their intestines not be as big as they should be? I'm just wondering. Her excretion always comes out smaller than the average chick of her size.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  7. TheKindaFarmGal

Uh oh, that doesn't look good. I think it's possible, but I don't have experience with that.

I'd separate the chick, put electrolytes in her water, monitor her weight to make sure she isn't losing. Could she have cocci? Is the poop watery or normal but small?

8. ChickenMama6RIR

Jan 19, 2017
    Upstate South Carolina
    Normal and small...

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If you paid extra for guaranteed pullet - then the seller owes you a full refund

10. ChickenMama6RIR

Jan 19, 2017
    Upstate South Carolina
    Yeah. I would but I am just going to leave it be. They were a good deal lol! Oh well:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by