Cocks behaving badly ..

this happened to me last week.. head roo was hiding like yours and the other roo was totally bloodied.. i thought he was a goner.. all the roos and hens have been together for 9 mos.. no problem and then wham, total massacre.. it has been about 6 days and i tried to put the two roos back and they go at it like crazy.. so i have taken and seperated all the roos.. there is no way they will accept the hurt roo or the head roo back.. i ended up with hurt roo in a dog pen.. the other two in a bachelor pad.. and the head roo with his ladies..they all go out at seperate times.. it is a pain in the bootie. if they get near each other it is instant fight and blood... gl with yours. going to try and rehome two of the 4 . wish me luck

I leave them out there and let them work it out for themselves. I try not to remove chickens from the flock because when you try to put them back the other chickens gang up on them. A few days of bloody combs and it's usually settled. Maybe I am just lucky, but never had them actually kill each other.

Back
Top Bottom