Hello :frow

How is everything where you are today?
Doing great. Water boil restriction removed and lines flushed. It is cold and raining- days and days of rain, but I can deal with that. the water table probably needs it. I have been hibernating- to bed early, sleeping late- guess it is the rain. How is everything in your area?? Coffee made and have had two cups. gonna gear up a book and rest on my new chaise ( bought it on marketplace yesterday for really cheap)

We did that with peppermint oil and I think they got wise to us. The ladybugs just come in through the cracks.
Are they ladybugs or beetles? Every couple of years, farmers release millions of beetles - they look like ladybugs but no spots. These suckers bite too. When they do this, there is a literal invasion into the houses- they are all along the doorways, flying through the house, landing on the TV. UGH.

How horrible So why do the farmers release them?
From the farmers almanac: some may be getting asian beetles instead- they do look alike.
"Jan 28, 2021 · the “ladybug” invasion is not what many think..it is not the signs of something you’ll find in the farmer’s almanac, the invasion is actually Asian Beetles which were intentionally imported by our government to feed on soybean mites, when the bean fields are cleared they search out new food and new places to live"

Are they ladybugs or beetles? Every couple of years, farmers release millions of beetles - they look like ladybugs but no spots. These suckers bite too. When they do this, there is a literal invasion into the houses- they are all along the doorways, flying through the house, landing on the TV. UGH.

From the farmers almanac: some may be getting asian beetles instead- they do look alike.
"Jan 28, 2021 · the “ladybug” invasion is not what many think..it is not the signs of something you’ll find in the farmer’s almanac, the invasion is actually Asian Beetles which were intentionally imported by our government to feed on soybean mites, when the bean fields are cleared they search out new food and new places to live"

I think they are the Asian Beetles and yes they do bite 😢. It really is like an invasion and it's starting to feel that way with the stink bugs also. What you wrote is exactly how it is every year 😳

I think they are the Asian Beetles and yes they do bite 😢. It really is like an invasion and it's starting to feel that way with the stink bugs also. What you wrote is exactly how it is every year 😳

Thankfully it's not every year here, and for some reason the past couple of autumns the invasions of both species have been minimal.

Back
Top Bottom