Morning...
Celebrate Independence Day GIF by BrittDoesDesign

My neighbor had a bad fall yesterday. She grabbed at a fence to break her fall, and proceeded to break her shoulder "like taking a drumstick off a chicken," she said. She will have surgery next week.

The neighbor is in her middle 60s, and I know that we don't heal that quickly at our age. This woman does soooo much to help her daughter, son-in-law and their kids. I hope they can help her in her time of need.

I've told her I can run errands or whatever she might need. And if she needs help canning in a couple months, I'll be glad to do that.

I remember what it was like to be one handed when I broke my wrist.
Well she’s really lucky to have you for a neighbor! Offering to help can is gold star neighbor stuff!

Normally I'd be at the 4th of July parade our village hosts, but to get there requires parking a distance away and walking and my knees at present will not accommodate that. So having a nice quiet day at home wearing my American flag tee for an audience of no one.

Fireworks have been pretty much outlawed in our communities due to the fire hazard (what's left to burn??), but that hasn't stopped the yahoos from purchasing elsewhere and setting off a pyrotechnic bombardment the past two nights...and it's not even 4th of July night yet! Luckily, my dogs ignore the noise pretty much even though the sound of very distant thunder will send them into the closet.

NM 4th.jpg

Back
Top Bottom