Feel better, @CapricornFarm. In the meantime I am willing to fill in for you and do the arrowhead and rock hunting. I need to get back to the creek bed myself here and do some hunting before fall rains settle in. Hopefully in the next 10 days because the extended forecast is calling for it to be as dry as a bone.

Morning all. Still sipping coffee here. Working on my third refill of Brown Liquid Sadness--AKA decaf. If you put enough cream and sugar in it it almost tastes like the real thing. :)

Feel better, @CapricornFarm. In the meantime I am willing to fill in for you and do the arrowhead and rock hunting. I need to get back to the creek bed myself here and do some hunting before fall rains settle in. Hopefully in the next 10 days because the extended forecast is calling for it to be as dry as a bone.

Morning all. Still sipping coffee here. Working on my third refill of Brown Liquid Sadness--AKA decaf. If you put enough cream and sugar in it it almost tastes like the real thing. :)
Well that's great if you can get out there. I miss my time in the river. At least i sold a whole lot of chickens, so i have less chores to do.

Well that's great if you can get out there. I miss my time in the river. At least i sold a whole lot of chickens, so i have less chores to do.
Yep, I'm down to two coops again and glad of it.

I enjoy brooding and hatching season but it just lays more work on me than I want at my age. Coming up with grow out pens, shuffling birds from one brooder to a pen then to the flock.

Seriously think next year is going to be a no hatch year. My broodies will hate me but it will suck being them. Lots of my girls will be 3-4 years old next spring and I might just let them free range a bit under the watchful eye of one of the bachelors and enjoy being old ladies.

Back
Top Bottom