My dog, Mini, got pyrometra and had to be spayed. We tried antibiotics, but she kept throwing up and refused to eat. The vet kept her for an extra day. We went to visit her, took her chicken, bone broth, and rice. She ate two bites of chicken and lapped up some broth. I went to pick her up today, and she is ravenous! Now she is sleeping, waiting for hubby to get home.
She looks skinny and pitiful. Cooking her some pig foot broth. She has to have restricted exercise, no running or jumping.
View attachment 3447932
So happy you got her home :hugs she's so pretty ❤

Morning all.

Still alive! More or less. Been recovering from a bad tick bite. Saw the doc yesterday. He thinks I got a bacterial infection from it but am kicking it. Then had my shoulder xrayed due to the fact that it feels like a bit creature with sharp teeth is trying to chew it off every time I try to raise it or use it too much. Results, arthritis. I go in on the 25th of April for it to be injected.

From there went to the grocery store in almost 3 years, walked too much, but because I haven't been to my favorite thrift shop in 3 years either on went the mask again and in I went. Came out with a darling little coffee cup.

It's smaller than the one I have. Figured with it I would be less tempted to overdo the caffeine.

Now I just have to fight the urge to refill it three times :rolleyes:

So there is a pot of 'half caffeine' coffee (DH decided to experiment and let's just say it wasn't a truly great outcome) I'm fighting the urge to refill but if anyone has any decaf available I'll take a refill.

In the high 60s here today. Need to go let the birds out.

Have a good day all!
16_301e695961c849a52c70dd3b4a22b542_800.jpg

@CapricornFarm. I just saw the pic of Mini. What a gorgeous love she is. Such a sweet face.

Please give her a hug and when she is able to eat better a cookie for me.

Did the vet send her home with pain meds? I remember a lady vet I had who went into the hospital for wedge resections of her ovaries so she could get pregnant. She confided in me afterwards how bad she felt and said that she couldn't believe that they spayed female dogs and didn't give them any pain meds afterwards. She said OMG if they hurt half as bad as I did, I should be so ashamed of myslef. She said from that point on, all of her spays would get pain meds after surgery and go home with them.

I think that is a common practice now, thank God.

@CapricornFarm. I just saw the pic of Mini. What a gorgeous love she is. Such a sweet face.

Please give her a hug and when she is able to eat better a cookie for me.

Did the vet send her home with pain meds? I remember a lady vet I had who went into the hospital for wedge resections of her ovaries so she could get pregnant. She confided in me afterwards how bad she felt and said that she couldn't believe that they spayed female dogs and didn't give them any pain meds afterwards. She said OMG if they hurt half as bad as I did, I should be so ashamed of myslef. She said from that point on, all of her spays would get pain meds after surgery and go home with them.

I think that is a common practice now, thank God.
No pain meds. But i am hoping it will keep her from being too active. I was thinking about that, then forgot to ask the vet because i was so excited to take her home. I agree, they should have something for pain. Probably think people will use it instead of giving it to the dog.

Back
Top Bottom