Coffee's ready...

Well here in sunny California it is NOT A so SUNNY! The clouds are rolling in and they look MEAN and VERY DARK!
If what they are reporting is true THIS EL NINO Storm is at its Pick and and we are going to get a few Storms
back to back with lots of rain and they are saying floods... huh????? Oh well we will wait and see! Lord knows
we need the rain badly... but way so dang much all at once! LOL

We awoke to some ROCKING AND ROLLING in the wee hour of 3 a.m yep we had a 4.3 earthquake... gosh I am
a native Cali gal but I will never get use to those darn things... NOT FUN it small or large it feels like the earth
is coming apart at it seams! Just do not like them at all! We have been having them more often then I like
last week we had several small ones too All of which I felts of corse!

pop.gif
pop.gif

I am happily drinking my coffee awaiting news of my friends arrival in Miami.... (from Haiti) coffee never tasted so good...
Happy day BYC chicken chummies!!!
caf.gif

Weather in the Portland Oregon area is cold and rainy.... but inside... I am warm and sunny
cool.png

Well they must have been there during that horrible earthquake, were they working in Haiti?
Glad to hear they are safe and on there way to M.

Yep... It was a harrowing experience... you can read about it on www.lifeline.org I sit by my computer just waiting for any scrap of information... Their companiion was picked up by helicopter in the middle of the night and put aboard the navy destroyer offshore... She has a ruptured spleen.... They were trapped in the town of Grand Goave...no roads out Cracks in the earth making the only support from the air. Everything is held up in Customs.

Bless there hearts - I am happy they are safe and on their way home. Are they doing Missonary work in Haiti?
I can not even begin to imagine what they have gone through as well as everyone else out there.
I is so AWESOME the out pour of everyone pulling together and helping in there own ways
so much is needed.

I am so sad for the people of Haiti, hope everyone who has loved ones over there gets them all home safe. I don't know how we can have over population when we have these terrible natural disasters. Sometimes mother nature can be really uncaring and unfeeling. But, while I am not a Bible Thumper by any means, I truly believe we are living in the "days of sorrow."

Yes they are missionaries..thanks so much

and I agree about what you said...It is great!!!

Good morning all you flock tenders.
caf.gif

Having my first cup of coffee, temps are in the 40s
and we are having a little rain.
Have your favorite cup of
coffee n, enjoy your day.
frow.gif

Last edited:
Good morning Jaboo and Sissy, and Everyone else. I am tired today after spending all day yesterday at a big poultry show in Massachusetts, getting home late. Went to several interesting lectures and a hands-on class posting a chicken. There were over 3500 birds, someone told me, large fowl, turkeys, ducks, lots of bantams because it was their national meet. I find poultry shows inspiring - makes me want to get home and improve what I'm working on and exhibit next time myself. I've never shown birds, only sheep.
Have a great day - it will be warm here, about 40 degrees - a heat wave after what we've been having!

Back
Top Bottom