Coffee's ready...

Will do we really need prayer regarding the care of our 26yr old disabled boy. Who needs to have care while we deal with DHs issues and I can;t do it all.

Oes

Thanks so much everyone. I am just hoping that the Social worker finds a placement for Danny real soon that DH is happy with and so we can concentrate on his health and him getting better!

Oes

Hi all
Popping in for a coffee - with a nice bun of course!
Things here have been a bit hard. Danny has gotten a bit aggressive lately and even DH admitted I would not be able to handle him alone like that. I am not sure what was going on in the boys head but every time he saw me he was nipping and pulling my hair. Nice chap! Anyhow today apparently I am his bestist friend as he keeps hugging and kissing me? He did have a bit of a cold - so I guess he was a bit frustrated that mom couldn’t "fix" it? Who knows what goes on in the minds of the disabled? Oh well at least it was hugs today for a change!
DH has been having increased chest pains and had to take more GTN last night and today. I managed to get him to lay down and rest this afternoon. We finally got the powers that "B" to come get his disability chair they left here (it was really dirty and smelled of smoke! But they insisted it had been medically cleaned? They expected him to sleep in it! So much for the home care of the NHS?) Anyhow I left it in the spare room and we bought one instead - which although doesn't do quite as much matches our own stuff and is clean! What with DH going for spinal surgery it was real important he got a nice comfy man chair. As he sleeps in it a lot.
DH is for the Dr tomorrow and we are going to ask for another Dye test and treadmill test for his heart. We can't do back surgery if the heart is knackered! Then we have to go see the surgical team in November so a few weeks yet.
To be honest I am more than worried about vertebra being removed in the neck and lower back? They will do the neck first 3 need out but a lot of folk we have heard have regretted surgery and others who have the metal rods attached say it is painful and uncomfortable? So I don’t want us to be exchanging one pain for another. I don’t know if anyone else on here has any experience of such things?

Oes

Last edited:
Good morning people,
Everyone ready for the weekend? Looks like it's going to be a nice one here. Mid 70's, cool mornings wake up to mid 40's. Leaves are just about peaking here. The shed is getting closer to it's completion......
Enjoy your day
Kaj

Back
Top Bottom