COLD EGG

trishok8

Songster
11 Years
Feb 18, 2008
Scituate
My little silkie let her egg get cold twice-------what's everyone experience?

I got the eggs from eggbid-and they arrived on Sept 17th,

We received the package that after noon and put the eggs under the broody little silkie then.

Two more chickens when broody after that and I divided the the eggs up between the three.

I candled after the first week but couldnt tell much.

When can I expect pippin?
when can I expect hatching/
What do I do about that COLD EGG!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!

th.gif

Ive found a few cold eggs near my silkie, she rolls them under her and the must sneak back out... I usally just put them back under her.... her last hatch was 100% so guess it didnt hurt to much.... How many eggs does your silkie have under her ????

I have 7 eggs total, she had 1

My buff orph as 4
My lorp has 2

ok, that's comforting news then.

I'm getting nervous and anxious!!!

Funny I just went outside to check the chicks, chickens and the broody she had a cold egg also.... LOL, this post must of jinked her..... I put it back under her, will keep my fingers crossed for us both !!!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

They 'should' hatch around day 21, but anywhere from 19-23 days is ok, they might even hatch early, but later is usually no good. As far as pipping, that just depends on when they hatch. You should be able to hear the chicks peeping in the shell, before they pip, which is really cool. As far as the cold egg goes, just stick it back under her, you can candle in a few days if you want, but the hens do get off the nest a few times a day, and the eggs cool down some, so I wouldn't worry too much..

Quote:
When am I due? or my broody hens eggs due? LOL!!!! Well, the eggs are due some time in mid/late Nov (silly broody hen), I'm due Feb 1st !!!!

Ohhh pips, GO CHICKIES !!!!!!!!!!! Come on hatch !!!!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I had a new chick this morning!!!
Four more are breaking thru!!!
I hated going to work today.

My son was born Feb 7th. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom