Cold Morning Breakfast for chickens

If you have to "compensate" for a food, then by definition it is lacking nutrients.
yeah but sometimes that cake is still worth it :lol:

but good lord, the feed store told me yesterday that scratch was food, like a non-laying equivilent of layer pellets. :rant

If you have to "compensate" for a food, then by definition it is lacking nutrients.

No, by definition, it’s not “a perfectly balanced complete ration”.

You don’t put grilled chicken on a salad because salad lacks nutrients, you do it because it’s a healthy food that happens to be low in protein.

yeah but sometimes that cake is still worth it :lol:

but good lord, the feed store told me yesterday that scratch was food, like a non-laying equivilent of layer pellets. :rant

I know, it’s almost like you need to use your head, not trust what everyone tells you, and rely on logic and science.

Wait, it’s exactly that! :D

And yes, sometimes cake is OK. There’s a reason we don’t see 50 lb bags of “people feed” between the layer pellet and crumble.;)

I know, it’s almost like you need to use your head, not trust what everyone tells you, and rely on logic and science.

Wait, it’s exactly that! :D

And yes, sometimes cake is OK. There’s a reason we don’t see 50 lb bags of “people feed” between the layer pellet and crumble.;)
They make people feed now, but they're not allowed to call it that. Huel and Soylent are 'nutritionally complete foods' but they're not allowed to suggest consuming it as your sole ration.

They make people feed now, but they're not allowed to call it that. Huel and Soylent are 'nutritionally complete foods' but they're not allowed to suggest consuming it as your sole ration.

I’m reminded of the Simpson’s episode where a hurricane hits town and everyone is panic buying at the Quickee Mart. There’s a bag of dog food on an almost bare shelf with “dog” crossed out and “hurricane” written in marker.:D

Yes.....
.... this^^^

You have to look at overall percentages of protein,
and other vital nutrients(vitamins/minerals/amino acids) in the feed.
Filling them up on other foods/treats reduces the amount of feed they eat,
thus 'diluting' their nutrition.
The fine print on layer feed 'meant to be the sole ration' is not there for no reason.

Got it. I took your dilute literally and thinking why shouldn't I put water on my crumbles. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom