Cold Snap -11ºF

One of the pluses of being Canadian is when you convert your trips around the sun to Celsius it is not bad.

I have 63 trips around the sun!
In Celsius it is only 17 app.

That makes you a pretty young chick!
gig.gif

@ H Scott: I agree with you somewhat on your observations H. Scott. I used to feed a mixture of grains plus meat builder which is 20% protein when my hens were in their laying prime through the winter months..The corn I find is rich in carbohydrates which works fast for energy to combat cold. The extra protein I find better to encourage egg producing in hens Which is not necessary in my flock that is beyond their laying prime. I pretty much stick to the egg laying pellets and the corn now that they are 4 years old. (I will be replacing the flock in the spring gradually). You well find as many opinions on nutrient as you find chicken owners. I do however think your information is solid just not as viable in my situation with older hens. I would probably have more eggs I must admit if I did feed extra protein but in my honest opinion I think I would be spending a dollar trying to make 10¢ at this juncture..

Back
Top Bottom