cold weather goslings

johnskoi

Songster
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
Boydton, VA (relocated from Long Island)
My Coop
My Coop
like most of you, i've been dealing with some brutal temps..... my sebbie goose is on 3 fertile eggs (candled regularly)and they're due to hatch on the 14th,15thish .... she's a first time mom and i'm a little concerned (okay, maybe more than a little) .... no doubt in my mind that they WILL hatch ..... as dedicated as she's been, i really don't want to pull the babies.... she nested in a closed run attached to a coop (shed) right against the door (which was closed at the time) to the coop.....

i plan on opening the door and putting the ramp (or piling straw) so they can go 'inside' which is significantly warmer (lots of brooder lamps as i have silkie hatchlings inside as well).....

the 3 sebbies that i currently have, i hatched from eggs in an incubator and raised with no issues ... this will my FIRST time letting the birds do it themselves ... the

the way it's currently set up, she will be able to take the babies outside if she wants to,,, should i keep them contained to the inside quarters (shed and run) for a while or do you think she will instinctively know the RIGHT thing to do??

comments and suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

tia, john

like most of you, i've been dealing with some brutal temps..... my sebbie goose is on 3 fertile eggs (candled regularly)and they're due to hatch on the 14th,15thish .... she's a first time mom and i'm a little concerned (okay, maybe more than a little) .... no doubt in my mind that they WILL hatch ..... as dedicated as she's been, i really don't want to pull the babies.... she nested in a closed run attached to a coop (shed) right against the door (which was closed at the time) to the coop.....

i plan on opening the door and putting the ramp (or piling straw) so they can go 'inside' which is significantly warmer (lots of brooder lamps as i have silkie hatchlings inside as well).....

the 3 sebbies that i currently have, i hatched from eggs in an incubator and raised with no issues ... this will my FIRST time letting the birds do it themselves ... the

the way it's currently set up, she will be able to take the babies outside if she wants to,,, should i keep them contained to the inside quarters (shed and run) for a while or do you think she will instinctively know the RIGHT thing to do??

comments and suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

tia, john
Hi, I saw you hadn´t got an answer...try posting on the Sebastopol thread...

thanks
smile.png
... i'll give it a shot...

Back
Top Bottom