Colerian, North Carolina Transplant

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ShellyBlanco, Aug 27, 2018.

1. ShellyBlanco

ShellyBlanco Songster

Aug 20, 2018
    Colerain, North Carolina
    I went to Kentucky for a few weeks and had a wonderful time. I drove our truck by myself and took the scenic route through Daniel Boone National Forest, Blue Ridge Mountains and the Cumberland Gap. It was amazing. On the way home I spent a day at Graceland, I just loved it. 20181006_152318.jpg

N F C likes this.
  2. N F C

N F C Oh no Mr. Bill!

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I visited Graceland several years ago. Never was a big Elvis fan but it was fun to see his house. I was surprised at how much smaller it was than I had figured it would be.

3. ShellyBlanco

ShellyBlanco Songster

Aug 20, 2018
    Colerain, North Carolina
    It was like walking into most of my Aunt's kitchens, I loved it! I grew up on Elvis and I still watch his movies and music videos (well I own most of them :cool:). My mom lived across the road from him at the army post in Texas. Lot's of stories growing up.

N F C likes this.
  4. ShellyBlanco

ShellyBlanco Songster

Aug 20, 2018
    Colerain, North Carolina
    Since moving to NC, I have been trying to figure out the transition from Construction Consulting to "something else". I just want to do something else with my life. I'm still consulting remotely around thirty hours a week and trying to find my "passion" here on our little acre. I do like changing our buying choices and raising our own meat for food. Caring for the animals does take time, but there has to be more. I have filled my house with antique and vintage furnishings, dishes, appliances and decorative items including art. I really enjoy going to auctions. I find such beautiful furniture and I can't use it all. I am thinking of doing resales. I have swapped some original things that I purchased and replaced them with the new purchased items, so now I need to sell the extras. I have searched high and low for items and finding them is difficult.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: