College son missed ducks so we mailed them to him

How sweet it all is!
I love frosted sugar cookies......but I really wish *I* could 'print' a cookie cutter!!
Am thinking the parents are having some 'empty nest' stuff going on too. ;)

Maybe a little. I get tapped to print cutters every year for my wife & her friends for their holiday cookie bake. But no one complains any more about my $1000 toy :cool:

cookie cutters.jpg

But no one complains any more about my $1000 toy :cool:
:gig

Fascinating!
Years ago when those first came to be and I was an equipment designer using 3D cadd, I had a few prototype parts made up, it was great but almost as expensive as having the machinists make them.
I would love to have one of those printers, tho my geekness is intact, my tech skills have sorely eroded to nearly the level of luddite :lol:

Curious about the wood and metal options, is the wood and metal infused into plastic?

:gig

Fascinating!
Years ago when those first came to be and I was an equipment designer using 3D cadd, I had a few prototype parts made up, it was great but almost as expensive as having the machinists make them.
I would love to have one of those printers, tho my geekness is intact, my tech skills have sorely eroded to nearly the level of luddite :lol:

Curious about the wood and metal options, is the wood and metal infused into plastic?

Yeah. The copper for instance is about 80% copper particles embedded in plastic. It feels like metal, you can put it in a tumbler and polish it. The wood is similar. You can sand it and carve it.

We have other metals, transparent glass and translucent crystal colors, marble. The cookie cutter is specifically a dishwasher and foodsafe filament you bake after printing so the microscopic holes seal up.

Printer itself I highly recommend Prusa. I ordered mine as a kit. My boys and I put it together and calibrate in about 9 hours. Was $599 base I think but it's easily modded and Ive made a few hundred in changes over last couple years.

I have it set up well enough now my wife even uses it sometimes, as long as it's a preset and she doesn't have to play with temps or flow rates. Not knocking her, she has lots of skills I don't. She just doesn't fiddle with stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom