Collossal Rock - HELP!

RoxykinsIII

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 15, 2011
I am new to raising chicken so please forgive my ignorance!

I brought home 3 collossal rock pullets two days ago, they seem much friendlier than the RIR pullets lol

My question is one of the rocks acts very different than any of the other chicks. She is much friendlier, and she will pull one leg up and randomly close her eyes - she seems almost narcaleptic. When she is entertained she does not do this at all.

Is there something wrong with poor Lucy?

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Don't worry about not knowing all the answers, we are all here to learn from this forum! Some chickens just like to interact with people, while others don't. You got lucky and found one who does! It sounds like your chicken's behavior is normal. Take a picture of her while she is sleeping if you are still worried and post it so others can comment. Have fun with your new chickens!
wee.gif

Thank you!

I guess I shouldnt be surprised - I have a cat who acts like a dog. I always seem to find the strange creatures!

What is a colossal rock? Is it some type of meat bird, another name for cornish rock cross? If so, yeah, they're much lazier than egg-laying pullets. They spend much more time eating and resting.

Back
Top Bottom