Color genetics questions with pictures

Siimis is in Finland, so purchasing eggs from her would be VERY expensive--and that doesn't even count the amount of $$ she would get
wink.png

I think they are gorgeous too, the only problem is I only have two hens! I need to know their genetics to deside how to breed them. I'll try to incubate some of their eggs hoping to get the breeder's rooster's genes, but for the future I need to think something else. These birds have been inbred for years and some new blood is necessary.

Quote:
That's right
lol.png
But you're welcome to come and pick up some eggs anytime
big_smile.png

The underfluff is white. Had to go and check
tongue.png

And the lacing is actually more like multiple, only on saddle it's double. And the color is definitely brown, I'll try to get some close up pics tomorrow when there's hopefully more light (we have a terrible stormy weather!).

Could anyone give links to wheaten pics? I don't know if I have ever seen any wheaten birds..

I think that means wheaten base?

I thought they would be; they are similar to some that I've been getting. I've had some which are very heavily marked chicks. These were culled from my project long before they were mature so I don't know how they developed. I've only grown on the least marked birds.
I get three different shades of buff; some of them have brown tails & markings, some have grey markings.

I think it would probably work to breed the hens to buffs & put male back to the mothers, possibly the males of that breeding also back to the original females.

A better alternative would be to get a male from the original breeder & breed him with buff hens put males from that mating to the patterned hens.
At the same time breed the patterned hens with a buff male & put pullets from that mating back to the patterned male. Repeating until the pattern is regained.​

Back
Top Bottom