Color genetics thread.

Pics

redrooster99

Songster
9 Years
Jun 14, 2013
georgia
Ok so I would like to learn about color genetics for mostly feathers right know. If anyone would also like to ask questions come on. Maybe the genetic experts will come on here. Also remember try to limit your questions to no more than 2. And thanks in advance.

My first question is can you make a standard size red Cochin.

ok let me ask the first question then. i have imported few chickens from Europe which will arrive on 27th of October. Shipment contains blue partridge brahma, partridge brahma and cukoo brahma. i love the color crele so i was thinking that can i make this crele color with these birds? Again i dont know much about genetics and stuff.

Ok so I know the genetics may not be the same but there is a thread that can explain how to make it with Cochins.

This is a good idea, genetics are so interesting! My question: what are some good books I should read to help me understand chicken genetics? It would need to be geared towards a beginner, all I know now is basic Mendelian genetics.

This is a good idea, genetics are so interesting! My question: what are some good books I should read to help me understand chicken genetics? It would need to be geared towards a beginner, all I know now is basic Mendelian genetics.
This is also good idea. Which books are good and easy to understand?

Back
Top Bottom