Color genetics thread.

Pics
My aunt just got a mixed bunch of birds from someone and posted pics on Facebook. Looks like there's a Chocolate Laced in there! Aren't those pretty dang rare still? What are the odds of her getting one from a backyard mixed flock? Could it be another genetic possibility I'm not aware of? Or maybe sun-bleaching on a standard silver laced?
Wow !!

Here is a surprise bird from eggs hatched in the layer flock. I do that every year to maintain a few of those great dual purpose meat/egg layers. I haven't decided what to do with him yet. He was destined for freezer camp, but his personality might make him a good layer flock candidate.
He is the product of a Columbian Wyandotte cock over a Buckeye hen....at 8 months, he seems to carry most of the characteristics of the Buckeye: comb, stature, personality and weight. Some of the tail feathers do have a minimal amount of lacing and some mahogony colored feathers. I really like the gold lacing on the black neck feathers....shows up best in the last photo.

Yes, there is a Blue Columbian in the back and a younger Wyandotte/Buckeye with a mending broken leg....and running to hide from the camera is a Columbian Wyandotte cockerel

Here is a surprise bird from eggs hatched in the layer flock. I do that every year to maintain a few of those great dual purpose meat/egg layers. I haven't decided what to do with him yet. He was destined for freezer camp, but his personality might make him a good layer flock candidate. He is the product of a Columbian Wyandotte cock over a Buckeye hen....at 8 months, he seems to carry most of the characteristics of the Buckeye: comb, stature, personality and weight. Some of the tail feathers do have a minimal amount of lacing and some mahogony colored feathers. I really like the gold lacing on the black neck feathers....shows up best in the last photo. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Very nice. He looks like he's gonna be big 'un.

Posting for a friend. Any thoughts on this beautiful barred boy? Is this crele or cuckoo and whats up with the straw hackles? Leakage or variation of normal?

Back
Top Bottom