Color ID/Feather sexing

coffee_and_quail

Chirping
Mar 3, 2022
This is our first HG hatch, and the colors are all over the place. They just hit 2 weeks and I know it's too early to feather sex (although I'm pretty sure the pearls are 1 roo and 1 hen). What would the other colors be called? I know the one with the white chest is a tuxedo but I'm stumped on the rest.

Pearl? Suspected roo
p1_roo.jpg
p1_roo_full.jpg

Pearl? Suspected hen
p2_hen.jpg
p2_hen_full.jpg

Some sort of tuxedo? She was very angry in the second photo.
tux2.JPG
tux.jpg

I call this one brows.
brow_vulture.JPG
brows_full.jpg

Judging by the head I thought these 2 were plain old brown coturnix but the feathers aren't actually brown.
stripes.jpg
bumblebee2.jpg

And then these 2 salt and peppery floofs.
speck_1.jpg
speck_1_full.jpg

speck_2_full.jpg

Any guesses would be appreciated!!

This is our first HG hatch, and the colors are all over the place. They just hit 2 weeks and I know it's too early to feather sex (although I'm pretty sure the pearls are 1 roo and 1 hen). What would the other colors be called? I know the one with the white chest is a tuxedo but I'm stumped on the rest.

Pearl? Suspected roo
View attachment 3162883View attachment 3162884

Pearl? Suspected hen
View attachment 3162885View attachment 3162886

Some sort of tuxedo? She was very angry in the second photo.
View attachment 3162888View attachment 3162889

I call this one brows.
View attachment 3162890View attachment 3162891

Judging by the head I thought these 2 were plain old brown coturnix but the feathers aren't actually brown.
View attachment 3162895View attachment 3162897

And then these 2 salt and peppery floofs.
View attachment 3162901View attachment 3162902
View attachment 3162904

Any guesses would be appreciated!!
Brows and salt/peppery floofs appear grau fee and 2 browns appear to be pharaoh or wild type……tux appears to be white-wing pharoah

The browns could be a myshire-derived sparkly which is cross of pansy and pharaoh (if that’s the origin of your breeding stock or possible colors of your breeders)
Some of our hens came from the myshire "rare colors" egg mix so that's probably it. Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom