St. Robert MO
0324181135.jpg

Reddish

0324181136.jpg

Black spot feathers started up

0324181143.jpg

My only tuxedo but not seen this grey before

I'm not sure on the first one - maybe a cinnamon? It's very pretty! :love

The second one looks like an English White and their spot/s can be any other colour.

The third baby is a silver which are the grey form of the wild/pharaoh colour. There are lighter versions which seem to be called platinum but they don't show the feather pattern like the silvers do. Silver is a lethal gene so don't pair it with another silver as the majority of chicks won't hatch. But it is a dominant colour so you will still get some silver offspring (depending on what else the pair are carrying).

I'm not sure on the first one - maybe a cinnamon? It's very pretty! :love

The second one looks like an English White and their spot/s can be any other colour.

The third baby is a silver which are the grey form of the wild/pharaoh colour. There are lighter versions which seem to be called platinum but they don't show the feather pattern like the silvers do. Silver is a lethal gene so don't pair it with another silver as the majority of chicks won't hatch. But it is a dominant colour so you will still get some silver offspring (depending on what else the pair are carrying).

If the silver is paired with another that might have the silver gene (just doesn't show it) will it still be leathal?

If the gene is dominant, a bird will always show it. Except if the bird is white, as white is probably even more dominant. But as your white has a spot that's not silver, you can be pretty sure it doesn't have any silver genes. In case you had a white bird with a silver gene that didn't show, the effect of the gene would be the same as if it did show, because the gene is dominant.

Back
Top Bottom