Color ID possibly breed ID the whole flock

duckncover

Duck Obsessed
15 Years
Jan 17, 2009
North Eastern PA
Does anyone know what colors these chicks might turn out to be? They are hatched from my own flock but I really could use some help with their breed. 4 birds were sold to me as serama eggs from ebay and 2 additional hens as serama hens. I have been told by someone very rudely that these are not seramas at all also some early questioning on them here when they were a bit bigger than these 2m So I'm looking for more opinions.

Attachments

• 20221004_015358.jpg
    20221004_015358.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221004_015223.jpg
    20221004_015223.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 1
I will try to get better pictures. The funny thing is that Henny and Penny were bought from Craigslist and I feel even less confident that they are serama's than the rest.
Well, they could simply be “pet quality” seramas rather than breeder or show quality. That means they’re still seramas, just not the ones that are generally used by serious breeders or put in shows.

Well, they could simply be “pet quality” seramas rather than breeder or show quality. That means they’re still seramas, just not the ones that are generally used by serious breeders or put in shows.
My main worry is that a lot of people want to see my birds before buying eggs or chicks and I have no idea if they are what they are supposed to be as I am not an expert and I never seen any seramas in person but my own. I don't honestly know how chicken breeds work in the sense of what would disqualify them from being pet quality serama I guess.

He looks like a serama too
Thank you. This lady on a fb group for Seramas in my state told me she wouldn't sell me anything without seeing my birds first. I sent her pictures of them and she just about lost it telling me how she would never sell me pullets as it would ruin her bloodline and those look like old english bantam or Japanese mixes etc. She also said that nobody in there right mind would sell serama eggs on ebay and that they are just mixed bantams. She also wanted 300 dollars for a pair (rooster and hen) so that fun interaction has been weighing on me. So after that I found Henny and Penny on craigslist.

Thank you. This lady on a fb group for Seramas in my state told me she wouldn't sell me anything without seeing my birds first. I sent her pictures of them and she just about lost it telling me how she would never sell me pullets as it would ruin her bloodline and those look like old english bantam or Japanese mixes etc. She also said that nobody in there right mind would sell serama eggs on ebay and that they are just mixed bantams. She also wanted 300 dollars for a pair (rooster and hen) so that fun interaction has been weighing on me. So after that I found Henny and Penny on craigslist.
Some breeders consider any bird who isn’t a perfect example of the breed to be impure. The most expensive seramas I’ve seen around here are silkied hens ($85).

Back
Top Bottom