Color question

Whitney13

Songster
9 Years
May 14, 2010
Malvern, AR
I have 18 bantam cochin chicks. 6 are black and the other 12 are splash. They are three months old. My blacks are all feathering in nicely and they are all black. Some of the splashes look like splashes but the others are a slate color with no "splashes." I was just wondering when my splash chicks will start getting "splashes" or if they will just stay that one color?
Also the roosters are the ones that have the most splashes.
thanks,
Whitney

Quote:
The Black should be all black, the "Splash" may actually be a light blue rather than splash and not all splash have additional color to them. You will really want to wait till they finish thier first full molt to know what you really have although at 3 months it should not change much.
the Blue itself comes in a full range of color from very dark nearly black to very light and if you have some very even colored light blue that would not be a big surprise.

I am pretty sure they are all splashes because some have a dark feather here and there and some have a black spot on their beak that continues up onto their head and they were all the same color as chicks. I guess I just have some splashes that aren't very splashed.
smile.png
They are adorable though.

My black ones are all a very pretty black. I have a Sumatra hen in with them and she is a very pretty black with a greenish sheen but the cochins are all black black.

Back
Top Bottom