Color question...

Frosty

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 30, 2008
ND
How old are female peas when they get color on their necks? My little girl is going to be 5 months old on the 14th, so far all of her colors are various shades of brown and tan.

My IB girls have had color for quite some time. The oldest girl hatched 6-23 and the youngest girl hatched 8-4. I'll see if I can find some pictures with dates and ages. Is you girl an IB?

I love that picture! Did it used to be your avatar, or did you post it before? It looks familiar. I love the way she looks like she's looking at her weight!

I honestly have no idea what color mine is. I'll have to get some updated pics and see if anyone has any ideas. I had her mother (silver pied) in with a dark pied male and their 2 year old silver pied son last summer so don't know which one is the father.

Yeah, that used to be my avatar pic.

I went through some pictures of mine and found one of Orange (7-23) and Pink (8-26). Orange is about 2 months old in this picture and you can already see her green neck feathers.

I went up and looked really closely at Maya... if I have a bright light and it catches her at the right angle I can see small bits of color. Here are some pics I took today, please excuse the mess. The dish that needs washed is actually just there to keep her from flipping the inside dish over (she loved to do that). If you enlarge the top pic you might see the flecks of color. Not near as much color as yours had at 2 months casportpony, and she'll be 5 months in a week. I really don't know what to think of her? I love her anyhow...

She's very cute!
Thank you, I just wish she would let me know what color she is!
barnie.gif

She doesn't look like an IB to me, but my experience is limited to the ones I have raised and the ones I have watched grow at the feed store, which adds up to around 30. :D

Back
Top Bottom