Color questions for my birds

I Like Turkeys

Crowing
Mar 7, 2022
Florida
Hello! I have a small number of cochin bantams I’m wanting to breed. Problem is, almost all of them are different colors. I have a partridge hen, 3 red hens, a red rooster, mottled rooster, and a blue rooster.
Does anybody know what i’d get if i crossed them together? I assume red to red will just make more reds, but red to partridge? or red to blue or mottled?
Does anybody know what their genotypes are, either? I’ve been told the blue and mottled are E with Ml; then respectively with the blue then mottled genes for the different ones, but what about the red birds? what genes do they have?
Here they are-
57A7117B-FD23-434B-83AC-19EA2A3CA35F.jpeg
6EA2ABCC-311B-4811-8F6B-A7392F081C44.jpeg

none of my red cochins are pure cochin; two have muffs/beards and one has a crest;
A069A124-C65D-47B4-A8BA-97592B2CF455.jpeg

Does anybody know what i’d get if i crossed them together? I assume red to red will just make more reds, but red to partridge?
Probably chicks that are red with some black-- not a proper Partridge pattern, and not right for a red, but something in between.

or red to blue or mottled?
Red to blue will probably give some blacks and some blues, maybe with leakage of red, gold, or silver. (Partridge hen with that rooster will give chicks that look about the same.)

Red to mottled will probably give blacks, maybe with leakage of red, gold, or silver. Since mottling is recessive, it will not show up in the chicks. (Partridge hen with that rooster will give chicks that look about the same.)

Does anybody know what their genotypes are, either?... what about the red birds? what genes do they have?
Reds in most breeds seem to be E^Wh (Wheaten) with Co (Columbian).

none of my red cochins are pure cochin; two have muffs/beards and one has a crest;
You are likely to see those traits in some or all of their chicks, too.

They look like they may have been crossed with Silkies. If you breed two Silkie-crosses, you may get some chicks with silkie-type feathers.

I also see some frizzled feathers. If you breed frizzle x normal, half the chicks should be frizzled, and the other half should have normal feathers.

Back
Top Bottom