Color questions!

Ah, I remember him. He does have a bluish undertone to him, so he's most likely the one contributing the blue gene to the chicks.

I'm still not convinced he's a true paint, though. Paint is white with flecks of color, whereas your rooster is more white with undertones of color. I'm not sure, genetically, what he is, honestly. It'll be interesting to see how his offspring turn out. :pop

@LadiesAndJane 's avatar picture is what a Paint Silkie should look like, for reference.

Ah, I remember him. He does have a bluish undertone to him, so he's most likely the one contributing the blue gene to the chicks.

I'm still not convinced he's a true paint, though. Paint is white with flecks of color, whereas your rooster is more white with undertones of color. I'm not sure, genetically, what he is, honestly. It'll be interesting to see how his offspring turn out. :pop

@LadiesAndJane 's avatar picture is what a Paint Silkie should look like, for reference.
Alright thanks
Congrats! Beautiful chick.😍
Thanks!

So this is his other chick, from the Columbian buff hen, I don't care if the colors are messed up but i thought you'd like to see another chick from him.
20221011_113056.jpg

Back
Top Bottom