Color Range Broilers On the Way

Yes, I am in Franklin, former capital of lottery ticket sales for KY. I am sure all the state line places took a serious hit when TN got their own lottery.

Being called "Freedom" rangers I'm sure they need a lot of room to be happy?? I have been contemplating getting some but I would feel really bad keeping them if they wanted to be out and about all the time.

Our cornish X's were pretty content to sit around and eat, so I didn't feel bad for them at all. They had a run and a house, but no way did I let them out with my layers. I know they had it better then if they lived in at factory farm (lots of treats
big_smile.png
) and since we have never had anything (except stew meat birds) that didn't come from a grocery store before, these Cornish were pretty good.

I just can't have young cockerels running around getting in scuffles with my main roos and trying to mount my layers. and letting them range out in the woods, well I might as well tie a bow on each one and set them in front of one of the four fox dens we have.
hmm.png
Bummer.

Got my color range broilers today. I was a little worried due to the heat but only had a couple of DOAs out of 100. All the rest seem to be doing fine and are eating like crazy. They are even chasing and eating bugs up to the size of crickets! (my brooder is set up in the penthey will be living on pasture in) Very active and not at all like other broilers, and they are multy colored to boot!

100/100 came this morning. They ship Wednesday but don't get to us Friday morning. But, we've never had any DoA (not that it's the hatchery's fault if they are).

One was droopy so we put it in the oven and it came right back to life. They're hungry already!

I received 15 color range broilers today, too! They all arrived fine and seem to be doing well. With our heat here in TX, I figured they might fare a lot better than the cornish X.

We received our 50 color range broilers yesterday. An even 50 was sent with no extras but all the chicks are healthy and vigorous. PC is coming over this weekend to pick up his chicks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom