Color

Tropic Rooster

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 26, 2011
Curacao, Dutch Caribbean
Hi, I just purchase these chicks from a local breeder, they are supposed to be Araucana. Can anyone tell me what color they will grow to be? Also, I guess they are two small to be sexed, but if anyone can give their opinion I would very much appreciate it, I purchased them as a pair but have some doubts.

107734_chicks_3.jpg

I have my doubts about them being Araucanas as well but I think they are Ameraucanas, they have the fluffy hairs on their cheeks(muffs/beard). As far as I can see eater eggers dont have the muffs or am I wrong?

Quote:
Yep, you're wrong.
wink.png
Easter Eggers can have beards and muffs, but sometimes do not. An Easter Egger is a crossbreed, so they can have varying characteristics. However, most EEs that come from hatcheries do have beards and muffs, green legs and lay either a blue or green egg.

Yup, those are EEs. As far as color, the one in front may end up similar to this (my EE, Penelope):
3796_img_0162_-_copy.jpg

or may be this (my EE, Echo):
3796_echo.jpg

But EEs come in a LOT of color patterns/variations, so each one is unique.

Sadly, pure Araucanas have no tails, they are a rumpless breed. The tail lets you know the seller is pulling a sly one over on you.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I really appreciate it!!

Lothiriel thanks for the nice pics, they gave me a good idea of what to expect..... Guess I have easter eggers, but fine by me, we're having lots of fun with them
smile.png
, we even picked up a third one...

Back
Top Bottom