Colorado - 6 Older Hens Need Re-Homing, Please Ask Around - Mareks Resistant Birds

I would soooo appreciate any help finding people in CO (or people willing to make a trip out here) who would be willing to take these gentle old ladies.

I am anticipating them being difficult to re-home due to their age and Mareks positive status, so please yes spread the word. đź’• They are definitely still looking for a safe place to call home and would make great pets for anyone who just wants to enjoy chickens (and the very occasional egg).
I've passed your post along to my son and daughter-in-law. They will spread the word among friends and coworkers. Best of luck! Please keep us updated.

Any luck with rehoming them, Kasey?
Not yet. I'll definitely post in here if they do find a new home though!

We're hoping to find them a new home by this summer, but I am definitely thinking it will take a lot of asking around between now and then to find them a place. So few backyard keepers even know what Mareks is, much less have the space for 6 hens who rarely lay. Something tells me we will sadly have to split them up to find them homes at all.

Not yet. I'll definitely post in here if they do find a new home though!

We're hoping to find them a new home by this summer, but I am definitely thinking it will take a lot of asking around between now and then to find them a place. So few backyard keepers even know what Mareks is, much less have the space for 6 hens who rarely lay. Something tells me we will sadly have to split them up to find them homes at all.
I hope you want have to split them up.
Have you considered doing a blog or gettinv a human interest write-up in your local/statewide paper?
Also, maybe copy your post and make a thread in the social section here on byc. Tag me, if you do so.

Have you considered doing a blog or gettinv a human interest write-up in your local/statewide paper?
Not a bad idea, I will run it by the museum folks since they would need to be the ones to do that. They may be hesitant to advertise that there is Mareks in the area though.
Good luck rehoming these cuties, I love how seasoned they are and hope they find a wonderful home soon! Thank you for doing this, I feel like our older girls sometimes get over looked. They look like a wonderful flock!
Thank you! They really are a fun bunch of ladies, I certainly hope someone is able to take them.

Not a bad idea, I will run it by the museum folks since they would need to be the ones to do that. They may be hesitant to advertise that there is Mareks in the area though.

Thank you! They really are a fun bunch of ladies, I certainly hope someone is able to take them.
I'm not sure, but I believe, by your state law, that Mareks is a reportable disease anyway.
I hope they find a compatable home.

Just bumping the post to keep it out there that we are still looking to rehome these ladies! Thanks in advance for spreading the word to anyone you know in Colorado.
Kasey, have you introduced yourself in the new member forum? I know your not new, but you can still do an intro.
I'm sure a lot of people would like to know about these ladies.
I'm hopeful they will find a home.

Back
Top Bottom