Colorado Springs Colorado

Have handled the Mom some when she was little, the chicks very little as they seemed to freak if I tried to pick them up. Mom hatched them and raised them, and I just let her do ther thing, she hung out with my laying flock. If you handle them every day they should get used to it. They are half cochin and half Iowa Blue, and my Iowa Blue is not a snuggler at all. Glad they are integrating well, is hard bringing in new chickens sometimes.

Last edited:
I've been a looky-loo over the last few years and am just now getting into this full force!
big_smile.png
Thought I would post here since CS is not that far away...

My daughter loves to hatch and hand-raise her chicks! Her current project involves English Orpingtons that are 11wks. She is trying to sell some to raise money for her dream: to own a horse. She has:

4 Chocolate UK (in-between LF and Bantam) - 3 pullets, 1 cockerel
1 BBS English (LF) - 1 Black pullet

vaccinated, from a NPIP certified farm in Ohio.

OMG they are so sweet and soft. I'd love to keep them all but we are out of space here in Denver and can't wait until late summer when we move to our Strasburg farm. The adult pic is where they came from, the pullet pic is at 9 weeks.

In Ohio they sell young pullets at $80 and 4wk pairs at $100+...make a reasonable offer (willing to split)?

Anyone interested??? Maybe for 4H, Fair, or Show?

Thanks!
Bonnie

Hi all. I've got several extremely rare Hedemora and Icelandic cockerels available. I'm just west of the Springs. Please pm me if you're interested.
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Looking to add another hen to our flock. Looking for a hen between 6 mos and a year. Anyone needing to rehome a chicken?

Looking to add another hen to our flock. Looking for a hen between 6 mos and a year. Anyone needing to rehome a chicken?
I'm getting chicks in December and while they won't be six months old until June, I'll need to downsize my chicks pretty soon after getting them. Had to order 15 to ship in winter and that's a lot for our first. If you're interested, I could give you a chick or two.

Anyone in or near the springs selling sex link chickens? I've had two people sell some out from under me from Craigslist and I'm having no luck finding any now.

Downtown in the old north end… Just got our babes 15 weeks ago. We only have 3 full grown hens right now. They are all kicking out 5-6 eggs a week right now. Even in the snow!

Back
Top Bottom