Colorado

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tsgreer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    Free 12 week old Blue Rock Roo from Halo's eggs - needs to go (can't have roo's). Would consider delivering or meeting half way. Pm if interested

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  2. SmittenChicken

SmittenChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Hi all,
    I'm new to chickens and BYC and more of a reader than a commenter, so wanted to say hello and introduce myself to my neighbors! I'm in the Boulder/Longmont area and have 13 12-week-old pullets (Black Star, Red Star, EE, Lt Brahma, Speckled Sussex, White Rock). This is the first time I've ever had chickens and I can't wait for the first egg!

I also thought I'd mention that I have a huge jug of Corid that I bought a couple months ago when we had a suspected cocci outbreak, I could only find the gallon size and there's no way we'll ever use it all. If any of you are in my area and find yourself in need of some, PM me! [​IMG]

3. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Hey Smitten!! Welcome to the wonderful and crazy world of chickens (and ducks and then it will be geese [​IMG] ) and [​IMG].

4. kcgirldenver

kcgirldenver New Egg

Jun 28, 2010
    New to chickens and New to this forum. I live in Strasburg Colorado. Just east of Denver.

5. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Hey kcgirl! Welcome to you too! What breeds do you have?

6. kcgirldenver

kcgirldenver New Egg

Jun 28, 2010
    I was given 5 hens and not too sure what I have. Two I think are mostly Rhode Island red, there are two black ones the gal who gave me them said they were bantams but they are just as big as the red ones. When I have look at pics form sites I am thinking they are black stars. One chicken is maybe a laced wyndotte (sp?) some one else said she looks like a type that lays different colored eggs. She has laid pink eggs. She is white and grey with black speckles. All the other eggs are brown. I have tons of questions for this forum but not sure where to put them.

What part of Colorado are you in?

7. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

Welcome [​IMG]

8. ShysCreations

ShysCreations Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome New members in Strasburg & Boulder![​IMG]

9. ruralmom

ruralmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    NW Colorado
    Welcome to all. :lol:Raised in Ft. Lupton now is NW Colorado. I will be having some roos for dirt cheap right away. At least 2 White rock roos and at least two RIR roos. Had to get the white rocks straight run for I am going to venture into breeding RIR and White rock hems and make Golden Comets, my favorite cross of chicken. Docile, friendly, not a huge eater, garbage guts actually and wow do they lay. So next spring I should have fert. comet eggs. Fingers crossed. Anyone interested in the roos let me know, I do go to northern denver often, mom in Thornton, and could deliver. They are about 10-12 weeks old.

10. jdopler

jdopler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Roggen, Colorado
    Hi, just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. And ask if anyone knows of local Buckeye breeders or would like to share an order? I currently have buff orpington, california white, black sex link, americauna, welsummer and speckled sussex. Yep im obsessed! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by