Colorado

Pasty butt checks morning and night, maybe lunch time if occuring. No major worries as they are not going to keel over from it in hours. Check for a few days and if no one gets it, you are fine. If they do, keep checking until they are clear. Have fun with your new babies!!!!!!

Pasty butt checks morning and night, maybe lunch time if occuring. No major worries as they are not going to keel over from it in hours. Check for a few days and if no one gets it, you are fine. If they do, keep checking until they are clear. Have fun with your new babies!!!!!!

Yes, and if the chicks are dark colored you might have to actually pick them up to be sure, I was doing butt checks tonight on the Cochin babies and discovered a well camouflaged clump on a black chick.

Went in the coop this morning to discover my drake dead.
hit.gif
Just lying there. No injuries, no suspicious behavior. I asked a question on here, and someone said sudden death can happen.

Last edited:
got a problem:

hubbies aunt just asked me if i would sell her three of my 12 week olds. i hate when this happens, every time i add something cool to my life (being my chickens at the moment) family und friends want to take it away und add my happy to their lives. i guess they think it will bring them happy too. i don't want to get rid of any that i have raise but i know a lot of you sell or trade. she does not want to go through the baby stages so she want older chicks. grrr. i had to go through losing four little ones und now they want to take them after i got them through the hard part. since she does not want to go through to baby stages i told hubby to get an adult because mine are not going to be laying soon und i am not going to get rid of my two adults (which i raised from chicks). so i am now in the market for three adult (ether almost laying or laying) chickens. i have the (Quarantäne) area for them and i can help her with a small coop. i just don't want to let go of my girls

this might sound wrong but i got my zoning limit of 10 chickens und i can share the eggs but why would they want my chickens, cant they get they own.
rant.gif

can anyone PM me and let me know if you can help?

also i got pics of what will be our new coop,

mixing our two flocks will not be a problem they get along so well when we run them together.

proof... i found the seed thief in my garden

i was helping too but i am the only one that takes picture so you'll never see me ^^

this is the shed kit from lowes we got...

the shed is done.... now to magically turn it in to a coop

got a problem:

hubbies aunt just asked me if i would sell her three of my 12 week olds. i hate when this happens, every time i add something cool to my life (being my chickens at the moment) family und friends want to take it away und add my happy to their lives. i guess they think it will bring them happy too. i don't want to get rid of any that i have raise but i know a lot of you sell or trade. she does not want to go through the baby stages so she want older chicks. grrr. i had to go through losing four little ones und now they want to take them after i got them through the hard part. since she does not want to go through to baby stages i told hubby to get an adult because mine are not going to be laying soon und i am not going to get rid of my two adults (which i raised from chicks). so i am now in the market for three adult (ether almost laying or laying) chickens. i have the (Quarantäne) area for them and i can help her with a small coop. i just don't want to let go of my girls

this might sound wrong but i got my zoning limit of 10 chickens und i can share the eggs but why would they want my chickens, cant they get they own.
rant.gif

mixing our two flocks will not be a problem they get along so well when we run them together.

i was helping too but i am the only one that takes picture so you'll never see me ^^

Looks like our shed kit from Home Depot! Instructions were always handy...... You can always find laying hens on CL, just keep checking it regulary

Last edited:
European math = metric (centimeters)
USA math = stander (inches)

gig.gif
hubby had to correct me many times and still we were eight cm short on some boards. it was fun watching him trying to fix it

got a problem:

rant.gif

Looks good! How long did it take to put together?

Back
Top Bottom