Colorado

Quote:
try hudson lockers I think they only charge $4 per bird www.hudsonlockers.com/ small family owned local business

Closest processor I know is over in Simla. They're pretty far away and they too are a small family owned business. They even have their kids helping with the processing and they're awfully friendly but I know they're really far away from you too.

I'll second Simla. They are called Simla Meat Locker, they come up under google. You do need to call and let them know how many birds you have. They reserve a day for you, but it's 1st come 1st serve. They process on Saturday mornings. If you get there by 7 you'll most likely be 1st in line. If not you can leave them there and come back in a couple hours. They have a restaurant in town or you can drive around and look at cows and silos. 3 months ago they charged 2.50 per bird and they do a very nice job.

Chick in the Burbs now you've gone and really done it
big_smile.png

How do we get to Elizabeth Country corner from say.....I-70 and Wadsworth or I-70 and I-25?

Quote:
don't know if Ill have any to process by then but I am willing to lend a hand and get the experience for sure! I could bring my turkey fryer to use for hot water..

I like the idea. I have some ducks I need to process that I am going to do solo, but I know I will have more drakes later once the broodies get going
big_smile.png

Quote:
Take I-25 south to Castle Rock and get off at hwy 86/Founders Pkwy and go east. That will take you to founders and then turn left on 86 continuing east. Go through Franktown and get to Elizabeth. Turn left at the first street after the saddle shop (wish I knew the name off the street but there's a body shop there on the corner and if you go over the bridge you've gone too far-how's that for country directions?) and you'll see it there on the hill.

Well, not exactly my ducks. They were from eggs from my ducks that Amber hatched, but extra 3 randy drakes are 3 too many, ya know? I got dual purpose ducks for a reason. Time for them to fulfill their other purpose and for me to stop being such a wuss
big_smile.png

Quote:
Jax in Lafayette has chicks starting this week too! They got some in on saturday. They have Silver spangled hamburgs, Buff Orps, EE's, and red sex links, and khaki campell ducks. I brought home 10 of the SSH's for CJ and five of the KC ducklings for me!
big_smile.png

Aren't babies the best!

Back
Top Bottom