Colorado

Quote:
pfff legal schmegal
big_smile.png

how far away are you from me? when are you doing this? can I come watch/help?

I am in the Security/Widefield area, so it isn't exactly a quick trip
big_smile.png

We could meet at abi's in Denver, but I don't think the other apartment dwellers would appreciate us butchering ducks on her patio. Might be a bit hard to explain
gig.gif

know be a wuss Zilla and I be a wuss understand why but be a wuss it's just sad be a wuss ya know

I think we found a Kevin Nealon fan
big_smile.png

The Rocky Mtn Pheasant & Waterfowl swap is March 13. Its at the feedstore/gas station on Bromley Lane across from Walmart
There's also a show (rabbit & poultry) April 30 in Pueblo at the state fairgrounds. Its put on by Colorado Poultry Assoc

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds fun to me too!
and road trip to pueblo anyone?
wee.gif
WANNA GO WANNA GO!

I'm kinda outta the way for people for the chicken party but willing to host if needed Just would have to be after late july due to being out of town lots before then.

Quote:
Welcome ColoradoGirl42

Murdochs will have chicks soon in Salida. They were setting up last week when I was there so there may already be some. They usually get their chicks from McMurray. Murdochs will also special order any birds you want from McMurray. They will have EE's, but Cochins would need to be special ordered. I live in BV, but work in Salida, so get to Murdoch's pretty often.

There may be some people from the Colorado Homesteader's group checking in to see if we get any plans firmed up regarding that chicken party. Seems to be a lot of the urban chicken keepers who are wanting to know what to do with old hens who don't lay anymore and I suggested that this might be an avenue they would want to pursue since there are so few commercial processors out there. We need someone with a good big plucker in this group don't we?? LOL!
Anyway, I probably won't have chickens to process but I may have an odd turkey or two. If I weren't so out in the middle of nowhere I'd gladly donate my farm for the party.

Quote:
I took a road trip to Pueblo yesterday, a lady there has assorted pullets for sale so I went out and bought a few of them.

Anybody have any chicks for sale currently? I would like to get a few more 1-3 week olds, and no one that has ads on Craigslist will even reply?

I know it's supposedly 32 degrees outside but I just went out to collect eggs, and had to come back in for a huge winter jacket and gloves. With the enormous wind gusts, we must have negative 10 degrees out there! No wonder everyone's water was frozen this morning.

SURE CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING!

Was supposed to get the re-shipment of chicks from Cackle Hatchery today but just called the post office and they aren't there. They get their last shipment in around 10 so I'll call again in 45 minutes to see if they came in. After last week (all arrived, dead), I'm getting really nervous. If they don't make it today or at the latest, tomorrow, and alive, I'm gonna cancel my order and find someone who has bantam blue silkies and bantam eggers.

Wanna see my chicks? This is their new box brooder coop. Really cheap to make. Plus there's plenty of room for these 5 to grow, windows for me to see through, roosts for practice, separate food/water "kitchen" boxes, and pine shavings. They are very happy!
76466_brdr1.jpg

Here are the chicks as of this morning! You can tell I used colored plastic zip ties for identification. The blue band you see is "Early" ... first to hatch, a day early. Is 2 weeks old today, and already flying little bits.

76466_chix2011feb18.jpg

Back
Top Bottom