Colorado

Quote:
I took a road trip to Pueblo yesterday, a lady there has assorted pullets for sale so I went out and bought a few of them.

Anybody have any chicks for sale currently? I would like to get a few more 1-3 week olds, and no one that has ads on Craigslist will even reply?

====
Our chicks are 2 weeks old but not sure we're getting rid of any, or if so, which ones. It was our first hatch from our own eggs.

I'll keep my ears open.

CHICKEN PARTY: I just put an ad on Denver's Craigslist for the chicken party. Thinking Saturday, August 13th? Will keep a list. Anybody want to help me set it up? Find good location, gather supplies, etc.?

Wow, is ever dry and cold out today! Brr
hmm.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Is the Pheasant and Waterfowl swap in Pueblo? Not sure which city Bromley Lane is in.
big_smile.png
If its Pueblo I will be there!

Ok thanks coloradochick, I guess I won't be going to that one, too far for me. But maybe I should mark my calendar for the poultry show in Pueblo and go to that.

wee.gif

We just picked up our last two chicks from the Kiowa Feed Store! Austrolorp and Speckled Sussex!! I'll post pics later; I'm letting everyone get aquainted right now. Figures that the Hamburg chick would have the most attitude about the new additions.
roll.png
They're only five days apart but sheesh... I thought she was going to poke the poor little Austrolorps eye out! Everyone is settling down now though.

For anyone thinking about rolling over to Elizabeth or Kiowa for chicks; you should call ahead first. Their chicks they recieved this week are ALL reserved so unless someone changes their mind...

Ok, Pictures!!
Our little Austrolorp! She's probably the most timid of the four. And she was the hungriest when she got here!! Probably why she ruffled some feathers!
lol.png

61589_austrolorp_front.jpg

And our Sussex. She's so mellow it's kinda astounding. She was accepted almost immediatly by the first two chicks.
61589_sussex_front.jpg

And one of everyone. I'm on cuteness overload...
love.gif

61589_everyone_1.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry but I need to vent.

We're having so many problems with chicks this year. Last year, our first ever with chicks or chickens or quail or anything non-dog, we didn't lose any. Not one. Even our goats were healthy and happy.

This year, problems out the ying yang. First, we lost one from our first hatch ever of chicks. Poor Boo.

Then, the shipment of 25 chicks from Cackle last week ... all arrived dead. They reshipped, we received the reshipment Friday. One was DOA. And 3 more have died since. (My thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=450566 ).

I'm getting really depressed. Wanna crawl under the covers with a cake and pizza. Just know that any minute, I'm gonna go back to that room and find another bantam egger dead. Or dying.

I've always been sensitive. Cry at the drop of a hat. And now, this past week, I've been in tears most of the time. How do you all put up with so many losses?

Oh, I know it's worth it. I just went out and cuddled my runt from last year. She's big and beautiful now, white with black penciled feathers. Looks like an eagle. Made me feel a little better. Plus we have a steady supply of healthy eggs. Wonderful sounds from the backyard.

But still ... what makes you get over this hump?

It's hard and I can't get over the hump, I kind of sit on the top and teeter around
hmm.png
Any animal losses kill me inside. I once hit a squirrel a couple years ago, my first ever, I flipped out bawling and sobbing. So you can only imagine when my pets pass.

Back
Top Bottom