Colorado

Hey! We just reached 2001 page! Go us!
thumbsup.gif

We had our first hail today, nothing really big, less than half a pea size, but it sure came down fast and hard!

We only store our grain and feed in garbage cans, nothing laying around, might we why we had less mice this year. Once you get them gone, and keep your feed in air tight containers they seem to move on.

I will see if I can find who did my septic tank and engineered leach field in Peyton, can't recall off hand.......

I just couldn't wait....
hide.gif
I know I said June 1st but I put my tomatoes out in their summer home today. What can I say? Oh, right, I became a Grandma on Thursday for the first time so all rules/ bets are off. Now I have a Grand excuse for everything I do not quite ordinary!
wee.gif

I just couldn't wait....
hide.gif
I know I said June 1st but I put my tomatoes out in their summer home today. What can I say? Oh, right, I became a Grandma on Thursday for the first time so all rules/ bets are off. Now I have a Grand excuse for everything I do not quite ordinary!
wee.gif

Congratulations!!!

Well after hustling around getting fertile eggs for my two broodies (thanks to Ashdoes, euarto gullible and Wendell), I tacked the difficult task of moving my broodies from where they were (an elevated nest box) to where I WANTED them to be. I divided the eggs up and penned them in an area on the floor with nice fresh bedding, their own food and water source. If it were a hotel, it would have been 4 star. Well, the BA loved the new digs and settled right in. However the SS wasn't having any of it. I probably should have allowed here to go ahead and brood in the elevated nest box, but in my ignorance, I thought she'd settle down since she had been so determined to brood. Instead, she went right out of brooding mode, paced all around the area continuously, ended up breaking a lot of the eggs and NEVER sat on them once. So, now I have one broody on about half of the eggs, I released the SS into the general population, thinking she'd head back up to the elevated box and then I'd move the eggs to her, but that was not to be. Her hormones never kicked back in. Darn chickens.

Well after hustling around getting fertile eggs for my two broodies (thanks to Ashdoes, euarto gullible and Wendell), I tacked the difficult task of moving my broodies from where they were (an elevated nest box) to where I WANTED them to be. I divided the eggs up and penned them in an area on the floor with nice fresh bedding, their own food and water source. If it were a hotel, it would have been 4 star. Well, the BA loved the new digs and settled right in. However the SS wasn't having any of it. I probably should have allowed here to go ahead and brood in the elevated nest box, but in my ignorance, I thought she'd settle down since she had been so determined to brood. Instead, she went right out of brooding mode, paced all around the area continuously, ended up breaking a lot of the eggs and NEVER sat on them once. So, now I have one broody on about half of the eggs, I released the SS into the general population, thinking she'd head back up to the elevated box and then I'd move the eggs to her, but that was not to be. Her hormones never kicked back in. Darn chickens.

Those dang chickens!

I don't think I posted on here but when we got back into town the Jeep we left at the airport took quite a bit of damage from the hail. The back window is shredded, the top has marks in it, and the hood looks like a golf ball. Then yesterday I go to drive my car and it won't start. Just one click then nothing. *argh* Really!? Does it always have to happen at the same time!?
I've spent all day with a cold or something and reading about what could cause my car troubles. Haven't figured it out yet. *sigh* I really hate taking my car to the mechanic. They cost so much $ but I might have to with this one. If it's the starter or the crankshaft positioning sensor I don't want to mess with trying to get them out. They are both in difficult positions if you don't have a lift. Luckily I have AAA so I can get it towed to a shop.

Those dang chickens!

I don't think I posted on here but when we got back into town the Jeep we left at the airport took quite a bit of damage from the hail. The back window is shredded, the top has marks in it, and the hood looks like a golf ball. Then yesterday I go to drive my car and it won't start. Just one click then nothing. *argh* Really!? Does it always have to happen at the same time!?
I've spent all day with a cold or something and reading about what could cause my car troubles. Haven't figured it out yet. *sigh* I really hate taking my car to the mechanic. They cost so much $ but I might have to with this one. If it's the starter or the crankshaft positioning sensor I don't want to mess with trying to get them out. They are both in difficult positions if you don't have a lift. Luckily I have AAA so I can get it towed to a shop.

Just one "click" then nothing sounds like a dead battery... Easy way to check, swap the jeep battery to the car and see if it starts... Sorry to hear about the hail damage.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom