Colorado

Quote:
Put lengths of 2" x 2" in the corners and then use a few drywall screws to pull the siding in tight to it. This holds the corners together in my coop and its tight enough I'm concerned sometimes they may not get enough ventilation (which is why we have a vent...).

-DB

Quote:
Put lengths of 2" x 2" in the corners and then use a few drywall screws to pull the siding in tight to it. This holds the corners together in my coop and its tight enough I'm concerned sometimes they may not get enough ventilation (which is why we have a vent...).

-DB

I didn't seal mine up as it provides ventilation for them. I have windows that open as well. We had a full two weeks of below zero weather and most of those nights were around 10-15 below with one night dipping to -20. I kept the light on in their coops but nothing else. They were all fine. Old gentleman that I buy my chickens from doesn't have an enclosed coop for most of his chickens to get in. Just a three sided structure with roosts. Never known him to lose one to cold weather. If it makes you feel better to seal it up then do it. Nothing like losing sleep because you are all worried about your babies being cold!!! Good luck on finishing the rest of the coop!

B-E-A-Utiful day today my fellow Coloradoans!!!
wee.gif
Upper 60s to lower 70s...and some much needed sunshine!! Hope everyone is enjoying it!! Okay...back outside!

Rockin' Reds :

B-E-A-Utiful day today my fellow Coloradoans!!!
wee.gif
Upper 60s to lower 70s...and some much needed sunshine!! Hope everyone is enjoying it!! Okay...back outside!

I whole heartedly agree 100%!!! I am just down the road from you so enjoying the same temps as well! Well not really enjoying them sitting here at work but in ten more minutes I will be enjoying them!!!!!​

I looked in the swaps/meet-ups section on this forum and didn't see one any time soon for Colorado. Did I miss it? Is there one planned?

Desperately seeking chickens! Just a fix ... not necessarily to get any more! That chicken mat is really going to town here!

Hi there from Grand Junction! Our weather over here is beautiful, but not quite as warm.
A meet-up/swap would be great! I have my first batch ever in my LG. 4 bourbon red turkey eggs and 12 store bought fertiziled eggs from Natural Grocers. Its kind of just a test run before I have to do it for real in my classroom after spring break, but by now I'm hopelessly hooked so I'm already trying to hit my hubby up for making a homemade bator. Or maybe I should just try to find one of those mini bators for my classroom.
Kate

Quote:
=========
Kate: Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

Do NOT get one of those little yellow bators for 19.98 or whatever. They do NOT work!

I've hatched (just one) in them!

Quote:
There is a small swap this weekend at Earthdog Denver 370 Kalamath St Denver, CO at 10:00 am- 12:00 it is in the parking lot in the rear on Saturday.

There is also the big one in Brighton on 03/13/11.

Does anyone know where I can get fertile Black Copper Marans eggs near Colorado Springs? I can buy them and have them shipped, but I was thinking it would be great to find some near me so I could just pick them up.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom