Colorado

Welcome to Kate and meme
frow.gif

Yes it was a gorrrrrgeous day today. I'm so ready for spring/summer
ya.gif

Is the meetup in Brighton at the Brighton Feed or at the Co-op?

Quote:
I have some black copper maran chicks due to be sent here on 3/22. I plan on breeding them when old enough. Could sell you some eggs then if you want to wait that long. Don't know of anyone real close to our area with Marans. Have done a lot of searching. There is a lady in Falcon that advertises now and again on craigslist about having Maran chicks but she never responds to emails back. I have emailed her numerous times and so has a friend of mine to no avail. Let me know if your interested. BTW I am in Pueblo West.

Quote:
=========
Kate: Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

Do NOT get one of those little yellow bators for 19.98 or whatever. They do NOT work!

I've hatched (just one) in them!

====

Wow! Must be nice. Absolutely no luck with mine. Gave up.

Quote:
I've hatched (just one) in them!

====

Wow! Must be nice. Absolutely no luck with mine. Gave up.

That was a few years ago - now I have two Genesis 1588 - one for incubating; one for hatching!

Quote:
There is a small swap this weekend at Earthdog Denver 370 Kalamath St Denver, CO at 10:00 am- 12:00 it is in the parking lot in the rear on Saturday.

There is also the big one in Brighton on 03/13/11.

==========
We already have plans for this weekend. Was hoping there would be something in April or May. Guess I'll just keep hoping.

As for the bator: I might get it out and try again. Who knows ... maybe just maybe I can figure out how to keep the temp and humidity steady! But since we met Joe in CS, we really don't need an incubator because he does an absolutely wonderful job! And once my silkies grow up, THEY will take over. Of course, since they are only 2 weeks old, it's gonna be a while. Come on, black australorps! You're almost a year old.... go broody!

Thanks for the welcomes!
I was only thinking of getting a mini classroom model to help keep me in check!
big_smile.png
I've already shown my hubby a few pictures of some of the homemade bators on here! I made him look at one that someone built out of a cabinet... he wasn't too interested in that one. I can't imagine why?
wink.png

I agree it would be great to find eggs more locally rather than trying to get them shipped, then hatched!

Quote:
Hey neighbor I'm just down in Olathe
smile.png
If you ever need eggs let me know. My laying flock has a Cuckoo Marans roo over several different hens (only 1 of them is a CM as well) and I'm also breeding BCMS and actually just set eggs for a first hatch
smile.png
Just PM me when you need eggs and we'll work something out

Quote:
Hey neighbor I'm just down in Olathe
smile.png
If you ever need eggs let me know. My laying flock has a Cuckoo Marans roo over several different hens (only 1 of them is a CM as well) and I'm also breeding BCMS and actually just set eggs for a first hatch
smile.png
Just PM me when you need eggs and we'll work something out

clap.gif
clap.gif
The BYC Buddy ststem strikes again!!!
woot.gif

A kindergarten teacher in the Denver area contacted me about getting eggs to hatch for her class. Wanted to buy them. She didn't know what to do with the chicks. I offered to take them after hatching, so since I'll be getting the chicks back, I'm just giving her some eggs. I'm sure I can sell the chicks ... my girls are laying pretty regularly now, and that's a pretty decent trait.

Back
Top Bottom