Colorado

Thanks you! Yes, it has been weird to see so much green this winter. It's not just us though. I was in Germany over Christmas to visit family and there were trees and bushes budding.

Hiya fellow Coloradans! Ooh, I just stumbled across this thread, which is great because previously I hadn't seen many other people in Colorado
big_smile.png
How are you all doing?
And I would agree- where I live, we've had a few flurries, but everything's melting really fast. But instead of being green, everything just seems to be in a state of perpetual sogginess. My girls found a small patch of unmuddy dirt and were happily dust bathing in ~25 degree weather the other day. Crazy birds
roll.png

Hello Everyone! I've been on BYC for a bit now but decided to pop over and say high to the other Colorado folks. I've read through some of the newer posts on this thread and it has been very interesting, educational, and entertaining.
big_smile.png
Glad you stopped by to say HI! There are some great folks here on the CO thread. Hope you'll join us and stop by more often!

Greetings @Hufflefluff Glad you found us and stopped by. I'm out here on the front range and actually turned the heat down and opened a door today for some fresh air inside. I don't think winter's quite done with us yet though... still a few more months to get through.

Welcome also from another newbie on this thread! Also a newbie or plain old senior moments at PMs! I sent the wrong PM meant for cochix to someone else. Geeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

@ COChix I sure hope you got the info ?

Thanks you! Yes, it has been weird to see so much green this winter. It's not just us though. I was in Germany over Christmas to visit family and there were trees and bushes budding.

Welcome to the thread and nice chick selection.

Hiya fellow Coloradans! Ooh, I just stumbled across this thread, which is great because previously I hadn't seen many other people in Colorado :D  How are you all doing?
And I would agree- where I live, we've had a few flurries, but everything's melting really fast. But instead of being green, everything just seems to be in a state of perpetual sogginess. My girls found a small patch of unmuddy dirt and were happily dust bathing in ~25 degree weather the other day. Crazy birds :rolleyes:

Hi and welcome to the thread. Where are you located and how many birds and what type of breeds do you have?

@Sonshine15 thanks and yes, I got your PM. Thank you!

Lastly, things are picking up here in the egg department. We got as many as 8 the other day from 14 birds (3 of which we don't believe are laying at all). The brown layers have now kicked it into gear and seems we are getting more brown eggs than blue/green now. We have 3 doz sitting in our fridge... :weee

Last edited:
Glad to have all the new folks here. WELCOME and please do come back often. This thread tends to be pretty active. We all love to hear what others are doing and about the birds, babies, roosters, coops etc...

Glad to hear the hens are producing enough to have a few dozen in the fridge! Sure feels nice to get eggs again after a dry spell doesn't it?

I am really making big plans for the gardens this year. Planning on getting that green house done in time to sprout (hopefully).
Going to be lots of wheelbarrows moving through the yard in short order!
woot.gif
and I am sure some
barnie.gif
while I am doing the raised boxes.

I gave up on trying to grow much in the clay so am going up with the boxes and good dirt.

Melting pretty good today around here. I chopped some of the ice dam out but know it wont do much good since downhill from us is a mountain of snow in the gutter. Dogs are super muddy every time they come in so that is fun.
roll.png

Just cause I could.
tongue2.gif

Glad you stopped by to say HI! There are some great folks here on the CO thread. Hope you'll join us and stop by more often!
Aww, Thank you! I plan to
big_smile.png

Hi and welcome to the thread. Where are you located and how many birds and what type of breeds do you have?

Lastly, things are picking up here in the egg department. We got as many as 8 the other day from 14 birds (3 of which we don't believe are laying at all). The brown layers have now kicked it into gear and seems we are getting more brown eggs than blue/green now. We have 3 doz sitting in our fridge...
wee.gif
Thanks! I'm in Centennial. I have seven pullets who will turn a year old in March- A Buff Rock, a GLW, a BA, 2 EEs, a Red Sex-Link, and a Barred Bantam Cochin Brahma. They're so cute :) And that's great, glad to hear your girls are laying. Mine are picking up now, but slowly. :D
Howdy lomine and Hufflefluff ! Welcome to the thread.
Hi back! Thanks! How are you?

Aww, Thank you! I plan to :D
Thanks! I'm in Centennial. I have seven pullets who will turn a year old in March- A Buff Rock, a GLW, a BA, 2 EEs, a Red Sex-Link, and a Barred Bantam Cochin Brahma. They're so cute :) And that's great, glad to hear your girls are laying. Mine are picking up now, but slowly. :D
Hi back! Thanks! How are you?

Interesting what is a BA? Also the Barred Bantam Cochin Brahma sounds interesting, do you have any pictures? We love pictures...

Back
Top Bottom