Colorado

Same here as 21hens - I have 2 hens that are talky but for the most part it’s all my boys & the peafowl (they honk pretty loud when something is bothering them). Although, the polish girls I started with were VERY mouthy, so I’m expecting the same with this new batch.

I can’t believe where I am now with all of them either. I look at Odysseus sometimes & can’t believe all I have now started with that tiny turd lord!

My girls like to make all kinds of noise. The boys aren't so bad; though the male quail were very noisy. One of the Buffs has taken to squawking the entire time she is sitting in the nest box the last two days. Of course it's when I'm in the barn milking the goat so I get to enjoy the whole song. :he

IMG_5976.JPG IMG_5977.JPG I hope today's egg means I have a second layer... totally different size and shape than the others. I guess I won't know for sure unless I've got 2 in there tomorrow. I did get eggs 6 out of 7 days last week from my SLW, caught her in the act so I know it was her for sure.

8B77F872-53C4-4F68-B961-CD16D5B244A8.jpeg

So. I’m thinking Sy here might be a female. This is Sy & Dalton (the dam) & they look almost identical at this point. In fact, I think Fin might be a female also. The barring all 3 had is only on Mim now. Mim is also the only one that looks like a tiny version of their sire.

The reason I’m not sure anymore is because, from what I’ve read on the boards here, the male offspring should always end up looking like their sire. Fin looks like a combination of sire & dam right now, but I’m very much in doubt about both now. I can’t change their names because they all respond to the names they have now!

E7B4B7DE-DF9B-4563-A94C-E7666B7EFD7E.png

Also, I hope y’all don’t mind me posting this here. Still having trouble finding someone that is willing to hire a disabled person, so I’ve decided to start selling my art. Drawings, photographs, ceramics & my art/photos on items like shirts, pillows, bags, etc are currently available at the Storenvy & Redbubble shops. I am willing to do custom/commission work, just shoot me a direct message with questions. :)

View attachment 1152660

So. I’m thinking Sy here might be a female. This is Sy & Dalton (the dam) & they look almost identical at this point. In fact, I think Fin might be a female also. The barring all 3 had is only on Mim now. Mim is also the only one that looks like a tiny version of their sire.

The reason I’m not sure anymore is because, from what I’ve read on the boards here, the male offspring should always end up looking like their sire. Fin looks like a combination of sire & dam right now, but I’m very much in doubt about both now. I can’t change their names because they all respond to the names they have now!

View attachment 1152690

Also, I hope y’all don’t mind me posting this here. Still having trouble finding someone that is willing to hire a disabled person, so I’ve decided to start selling my art. Drawings, photographs, ceramics & my art/photos on items like shirts, pillows, bags, etc are currently available at the Storenvy & Redbubble shops. I am willing to do custom/commission work, just shoot me a direct message with questions. :)
That would be cool if they were female. I don't see anything wrong with them having the names of male dragons. It's cute either way.

You might look into sites were you can sell use licenses of your photos. Many of them allow you to keep the rights to your photos. People or companies pay to use the photos. I can't remember any site names but a quick google search should bring some up.

That would be cool if they were female. I don't see anything wrong with them having the names of male dragons. It's cute either way.

You might look into sites were you can sell use licenses of your photos. Many of them allow you to keep the rights to your photos. People or companies pay to use the photos. I can't remember any site names but a quick google search should bring some up.

I figured the names are pretty gender neutral and I'm the only one that remembers the names for all the birds (which is saying something since I can't remember what happened 5 minutes ago most of the time!), it wouldn't matter. If they didn't actually respond to their names, I *maybe* would have thought about changing them. Since they do, I figured the heck with it! :D

I will look for some of those sites! Thank you!

Did anyone actually get anywhere near the amount of snow from this storm as predicted? I hope you've all got power.

Here I'd say it was all weatherman hype, but it did get quite cold and it will be the girls first day with the new heated dish! I did test it overnight last week to make sure it works. No one is too excited about exiting the coop this morning.

Still snowing here. I am sick so have not been out there yet.

Their mash is sitting a few more minutes then I will go out.

I covered the run that is on the north side of the smaller coop.

IMG_20171008_172338.jpg IMG_20171008_172323.jpg
I can vent it by raising and lowering the sides. I think it is going to hold more snow then I wanted but should work.

My feather footed girls are in this coop. No icky muddy feet if this works!

Back
Top Bottom