Colorado

So adorable! I’m going to be in Golden on Saturday (I’m located near Brighton). How long will the show be going on?
Sorry, I don't get alerts on my phone, so I didn't know you posted. I will be at the Adams county fairgrounds on Oct 20 for a show. Should be close for you....

Yes, it is getting quite crisp out there! I think we have hit the single digits a couple of times, but looking much better for the coming week.
I had a surprise chick in the middle of the coop yesterday! Good thing I was heading to town and could pick up some starter...LOL! :lau Whacky chickens....

B4EB0461-0CB5-4DFC-BBCF-18EFD34057A3.jpeg
Since I’m in the middle of making my poultry sanctuary an official nonprofit, I went & rescued a rooster last Saturday from the Foothill Animal Shelter! Okay, I went & rescued him because I was worried about my grandpa’s cancer surgery this week & taking care of animals makes me feel better. Either that or stress eating 20 boxes of Oreos.

They had him named Dwayne, but I’ve renamed him Cookie (to go with One Two and Mumbles). They had 3 regular sized roosters there, but he was the only one that came out to tidbit for me and I fell in love with him. He’s so soft & fluffy! They didn’t know how old he was, but he sure put his foot down on the 4 younger roosters so they knew he was in charge. Hopefully I’ll get to meet up with @MuffMom tomorrow & pick up the last of my Wild Bunch boys (Handsome Bob the Lady Killer)!

The Beckys are so happy to have Seti & Beaker out of the pen they don’t know what to do with themselves.

View attachment 1565594 Since I’m in the middle of making my poultry sanctuary an official nonprofit, I went & rescued a rooster last Saturday from the Foothill Animal Shelter! Okay, I went & rescued him because I was worried about my grandpa’s cancer surgery this week & taking care of animals makes me feel better. Either that or stress eating 20 boxes of Oreos.

They had him named Dwayne, but I’ve renamed him Cookie (to go with One Two and Mumbles). They had 3 regular sized roosters there, but he was the only one that came out to tidbit for me and I fell in love with him. He’s so soft & fluffy! They didn’t know how old he was, but he sure put his foot down on the 4 younger roosters so they knew he was in charge. Hopefully I’ll get to meet up with @MuffMom tomorrow & pick up the last of my Wild Bunch boys (Handsome Bob the Lady Killer)!

The Beckys are so happy to have Seti & Beaker out of the pen they don’t know what to do with themselves.
Hope everything goes well with your grandpa. :fl:hugs

I have a bit of bad news. A bobcat got into my enclosure and killed three hens. It took two of them. My lead hen and her prise six month old were two of the losses. One broody hen was also lost. I found my lead hen and some remains of the broody hen, but no sign of the price hen. I have one hen now, 11 months old, and lots of young ones.

The bobcat went thru the bird netting covering the enclosure. It did a lot of damage. Now I have to rebuild the enclosure. I also have a hawk problem. So I need to get this built to protect my chickens.

Back
Top Bottom