Colorado

You should get a quote from USAA too while you are at it. They are our insurance provider and they are awesome! When our car was totaled they were easy to work with. I don't know how they compare rates wise to others but you don't have to worry about battling for coverage with them. From home insurance to cars; we have everything with them! And while you have to have some military link to sign up, that link could be just about any member of your family as far out as a great great grand parent!

Have fun with your new toaster!

And because I cant resist...
big_smile.png
This is their second day outside. I wanted to make sure everyone would be able to get in and out without problems. They are just shy of 4 weeks now.

You should get a quote from USAA too while you are at it. They are our insurance provider and they are awesome! When our car was totaled they were easy to work with. I don't know how they compare rates wise to others but you don't have to worry about battling for coverage with them. From home insurance to cars; we have everything with them! And while you have to have some military link to sign up, that link could be just about any member of your family as far out as a great great grand parent!

Have fun with your new toaster!

And because I cant resist...
big_smile.png
This is their second day outside. I wanted to make sure everyone would be able to get in and out without problems. They are just shy of 4 weeks now.
Ill check them out right now ty

OK. going to hijack the thread for a sec... Now that I own a new toaster (KIA soul), I've been shopping around for insurance (presently with Progressive). Geico is the least expensive by a long shot...like 33% cheaper. Anyone have any experience with them on either side of a claim? They are so much lower in price than the competition I wonder if their claim service / customer service suffers as a result.

Mo

we used to have geico. The price was good, but they dropped my hubby due to too many tickets. His problem. However, they stopped doing the auto pay for my vehicle when they dropped him. I was without insurance from May till end of Oct and received ZERO notice from them. No call, email or letters. I insisted on switching companies after that.

OK. going to hijack the thread for a sec... Now that I own a new toaster (KIA soul), I've been shopping around for insurance (presently with Progressive). Geico is the least expensive by a long shot...like 33% cheaper. Anyone have any experience with them on either side of a claim? They are so much lower in price than the competition I wonder if their claim service / customer service suffers as a result.

Mo
I have used Geico for about 18 years. Their claims process (which I unfortunately had to use once) is fast, easy, can be done on-line or by phone. I believe they also have local agents now, but have never checked that out. The only, I thought, hassle was driving my car to their claims place to have the estimate done. Maybe if it had not been drivable they would have sent someone out. Then again, it's been a few years, they might have done that anyway and I might have just enjoyed having an excuse to leave work. I really don't remember whether they gave me the option or not. Payment was speedy. I am well pleased.

We have a chick (15 weeks). I have thought she was a he but no crow so I have kept hoping (hand raised from a science project egg and the whole reason we got into chickens) :D

This morning after letting them out of the coop and going back inside I hear it... Not too loud but probably 5 or 6 times. :(

Anybody want a very nice rooster? We cant have them in town. I believe he is an Easter Egger. The girls will be lost without him - they don't do much without him leading them. When they are free ranging any unusual sound and he runs over to make sure the girls are okay. Guess I can't add pics from my iPad. He is very handsome and I would be happy to post from my computer if anyone s interested.

Now a question - the girls (3 Australorp and 1 Ancona) are all 15 weeks too. The little ones ( 4 Easter eggers) are 10 weeks. I have an upper and lower pen with a draw bridge gate (courtesy of my husband). The big girls constantly chase the little ones when I let them together and they screech and get stuck in the corners where they get pecked so I keep them apart most f the time ( they all sleep together in the coop). The little ones are about half the size of the big girls. When can I put them together full time?

Thanks!!!! Tracie

We have a chick (15 weeks). I have thought she was a he but no crow so I have kept hoping (hand raised from a science project egg and the whole reason we got into chickens) :D
This morning after letting them out of the coop and going back inside I hear it... Not too loud but probably 5 or 6 times. :(
Anybody want a very nice rooster? We cant have them in town. I believe he is an Easter Egger. The girls will be lost without him - they don't do much without him leading them. When they are free ranging any unusual sound and he runs over to make sure the girls are okay. Guess I can't add pics from my iPad. He is very handsome and I would be happy to post from my computer if anyone s interested.
Now a question - the girls (3 Australorp and 1 Ancona) are all 15 weeks too. The little ones ( 4 Easter eggers) are 10 weeks. I have an upper and lower pen with a draw bridge gate (courtesy of my husband). The big girls constantly chase the little ones when I let them together and they screech and get stuck in the corners where they get pecked so I keep them apart most f the time ( they all sleep together in the coop). The little ones are about half the size of the big girls. When can I put them together full time?
Thanks!!!! Tracie

Hi Tracie. I have two answers for you. I am also on the iPad, and thought I wouldn't be able to post pics, but I recently discovered the PhotoBucket app, which you can upload the pics from your iPad on to, and then it gives you a code to post on here.
As to merging younger chicks with older ones. We have four groups....our first five are about 12 weeks, then we have four 7 week old Cochins and three 5-6 week old Cochins and the three 6 week old Silkies. The big girls have, after two weeks, stopped pecking on the bigger Cochins but still chase them away if they want to. None of the Cochins hang out, but the bigger ones just stopped pulling the feathers out of the little ones heads. This is all after each new group had time in a small pen inside the run, to get used to each other. The Silkies are still too small, and stay in the baby pen during the day. Each day it gets better, and when we put the twelve bigger chickens in the coop at night, they don't freak out anymore. We also started putting treats in only one spot of the run, so they all have to get near each other. I'm still waiting for them to be a single flock, I really hate that they keep separated. I'm sure it will happen eventually.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom