Colorado

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tsgreer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. coloradogal

coloradogal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    The crows are out in force this morning...perhaps that is why I don't have a hawk problem here.

2. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Good grief! I figured out why I haven't caught the mice lately. :rolleyes: They are staying in the little girls run where I have not been putting traps to avoid hurting the banties. I gave them a potato skin this morning as a treat and they were enjoying it greatly when I went back inside. I looked out of the window a few minutes later and they are all huddled under the coop hiding from the field mouse that is now munching on the potato skin. HIDING from it! A three inch mouse, tail included! I was caught between wanting to roll on the floor laughing and just doing a face-palm. Now I need to find a shoebox to put the trap in so I can catch the little bugger.

3. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!

(don't eat too much) [​IMG]

4. Minchi

Minchi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    Parker, CO
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Today my chickens are thankful they are not Turkeys.
    [​IMG]

So am I.

5. wsmith

wsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

X2!

The Narragansett tom is in the oven roasting as I type. I can't wait!

For mice in the coop I made two boxes out of scrap plywood. Each is about 5 X 10 X 5, and each has a hole 1 1/4" wide on one end. The lid lifts off and the chickens can't get it off. The trap gets set and put inside. I haven't caught anything yet.
    the traps outside are a different story. One was tripped twice with nothing in it. The other is now missing. No idea where it went. More traps will be set today.

6. wsmith

wsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Probably won't do Doms, but i may want a couple of turkey poults.

7. maggiemo

maggiemo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Front Range Colorado

8. Mommato5

Mommato5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    We've had some mice issues as well. I like mice/rodents so I don't want to kill them! We bought a couple humane traps (which, of course, won't hurt a curious chicken either!) and set them last night. We caught 3 mice within 12 hours! Awesome! We are keeping them in a bucket in the garage and will release them elsewhere all at once. They are so cute....I really don't mind them (although it bugged me to see them tunneling through the chicken's food because I'm sure then the chickens will end up eating their poop).

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

9. Warner123

Warner123 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2012
    Bennett, CO
    Hello,

Just found this CO thread. Happy Turkey Day!

10. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington

Welcome! Glad you found us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by